Whether you’re passionate about education, animal rights, or cleaning up the environment, starting your own charity or nonprofit organization is the perfect way to have direct impact on an important cause. Creating a nonprofit, whether big or small, will allow you to control fund allocation, turn your ideas into reality, and inspire change and growth. You’ll also:
- encourage involvement
- spread awareness in your community
- gain valuable business experience
- and create the positive changes you want to see in the world.
In this course, we’ll walk you through all the steps of creating your own charity or nonprofit, from conception through execution.
Good intentions are the starting point, but you’ll need to rely on business savvy and long-term planning for your charity to enjoy meaningful, longstanding success.
- How to identify a problem, turn a concept or idea into mission, and create a viable plan for your charity
- The legal and ethical obligations that a charity must address (for various regions)
- Managing your budgets, and allocating funds to maximize impact
- Building your charity’s brand, including logo, website, and culture
- Low cost advertising ideas that net high results
- Using crowdfunding channels to get your charity off the ground
- How to attract investors, sponsors, and donors to maximize funds
- Planning successful events and fundraises to raise awareness and donations
- Working with affiliates, partners, and sponsors to create campaigns
- Recruiting volunteers, staff, and community support
Module 1: Laying the Groundwork for Your New Charity
- How to Start a Nonprofit Organization: Identifying the Problem and Solution
- Your Mission Statement and Values
- Legal Responsibilities and Ethical Obligations
- Registering Your Charity
- Establishing Governance and Risk Management
- Managing Budgets, Taxes, and Accounting
Module 2: Spread the Word! Marketing and Public Relations Strategies
- Building a Brand: Logos, Slogans, and Culture
- Website 101 for Design, Content, and Traffic
- Digital Marketing: Ads, SEO, and Emails
- Smart Social Media Marketing
- Low-Cost Advertising That Works!
- Generate Buzz with Media and Press
Module 3: Money Talks
- What Are Your Investor Options?
- Establishing Corporate Sponsorships
- Using Crowdfunding Channels
- Writing Successful Pitches and Proposals
- Planning Your Fundraising Campaign
Module 4: Planning $uccessful Fundraisers and Events
- Types of Events for Non-Profits
- Crash Course in Event Planning
- Your Role as the Host
- How to Attract Media, Press, and Local Partners
- Leveraging Affiliates and Sponsors
- How to Network like a Pro
Module 5: Community and Volunteer Engagement
- Recruitment Strategies for Volunteers and Staff
- Your Responsibilities as a Non-Profit Employer
- 20 Best Teambuilding and Leadership Tips
- Getting Support from Your Community
- Tools and Resources
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who feels passionate about a specific cause, and want to put their ideas into action
- People who have previously enjoyed volunteering and want to make a bigger impact
- Anyone who feels frustrated that an issue isn’t getting enough attention or funding
- Those who feel compassion towards others and feel fulfilled when they can help
- People who want to gain valuable business and management experience
- DIY personalities who love to start something of their own
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
- Working for large NGOs, who usually require previous experience in the nonprofit sector
- Becoming an entrepreneur or small business owner
- Working with the government in various capacities that can be related to your cause or field of interest
- Teaching, health care, law enforcement, and other fields where you can feel good about making a difference
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.