Add to basket or enquire
Start your own charity or nonprofit organization!
Whether you’re passionate about education, animal rights, or cleaning up the environment, starting your own charity or nonprofit organization is the perfect way to have direct impact on your cause.
You may be frustrated by large organizations and NGO’s because you feel they aren’t adequately addressing the real issues – or you don’t approve of their spending. Or, you may feel excited by the idea that you can work hands-on to make a noticeable difference.
Whatever your reason, starting your own charity or program is a great way to encourage involvement, spread awareness in your community, gain valuable business experience, and create the positive changes you want to see in the world.
In this course, we’ll walk you through all the steps of creating your own charity or nonprofit, from conception through execution. You’ll learn to run your organization like a business so that every decision is strategic, spending is on a tight leash, and your dedication and efforts are applied to where they’re needed most.
Why study with us?
- International Accredited Course
- 60-Day access
- Self Paced, No Fixed Schedules
- Immediate and easy to download Certificate
- Compatible with Smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.
Learn how to run a successful organization with little capital, how to build a team of volunteers, how to leverage what resources you already have, and how to create successful events to attract sponsors, donors, and the media. Good intentions are the starting point, but you’ll need to rely on business savvy and long-term planning for your charity to enjoy meaningful, longstanding success.
If your charity is financially successful, you can earn a salary as a board member, CEO, or other roles. While the point isn’t to line your own pockets, you can earn a comfortable living by going from volunteer to employee. Here are other possible career paths for people who start their own charitable organization.
- Working for large NGOs, who usually require previous experience in the nonprofit sector
- Becoming an entrepreneur or small business owner
- Working with the government in various capacities that can be related to your cause or field of interest
- Management positions, where your experience managing volunteers, budgets, and events will enhance your resume or CV
- Teaching, health care, law enforcement, and other fields where you can feel good about making a difference
Charity and Fundraising Course Breakdown
Module1: Laying the Groundwork for Your New Charity
- How to Start a Nonprofit Organization: Identifying the Problem and Solution
- Your Mission Statement and Values
- Legal Responsibilities and Ethical Obligations
- Registering Your Charity
- Establishing Governance and Risk Management
- Managing Budgets, Taxes, and Accounting
Module 2: Spread the Word! Marketing and Public Relations Strategies
- Building a Brand: Logos, Slogans, and Culture
- Website 101 for Design, Content, and Traffic
- Digital Marketing: Ads, SEO, and Emails
- Smart Social Media Marketing
- Low-Cost Advertising That Works!
- Generate Buzz with Media and Press
Module 3: Money Talks: Become a Fundraising Phenomenon
- What Are Your Investor Options?
- Establishing Corporate Sponsorships
- Using Crowdfunding Channels
- Writing Successful Pitches and Proposals
- Planning Your Fundraising Campaign
Module 4: Planning Successful Fundraisers and Events
- Types of Events for Non-Profits
- Crash Course in Event Planning
- Your Role as the Host
- How to Attract Media, Press, and Local Partners
- Leveraging Affiliates and Sponsors
- How to Network like a Pro
Module 5: Community and Volunteer Engagement
- Recruitment Strategies for Volunteers and Staff
- Your Responsibilities as a Non-Profit Employer
- 20 Best Teambuilding and Leadership Tips
- Getting Support from Your Community
- Tools and Resources
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who feels passionate about a cause
- People who have previously enjoyed volunteering and want to make a bigger impact
- Anyone who wants to get enough attention or funding for their cause
- Those who feel compassion towards others and feel fulfilled when they can help
- People who want to gain valuable business and management experience
- People already working for charities
No previous experience is necessary.
- Work for large NGOs, who usually require previous experience in the nonprofit sector
- Work with the government in various capacities related to your cause
- Management positions, where your experience managing volunteers, budgets, and events will enhance your resume
- Teaching, health care, law enforcement, and other fields where you can make a difference
- Become an entrepreneur or business owner
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
After reading reviews, can you tell me the costs associated with re taking modules please?
Hi Nikki, Thank you for your query. The first re-sit for any exam question is free of charge. However, you’ll be charged an additional fee of 3.99 only when, after the free re-sit, you re-sit the same exam question again. Kaoutar - Eventtrix TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I have paid for course via reed, no acknowledgement received, how do I access it?
We send the student's login's after we receive the purchase confirmation from REED. If you did not receive this welcome email, please check your junk or spam folder or contact REED's customer support team and they will assist you.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
(1) Is the course based on UK legislation, regulations and law? (2) What format is the exam/s or assessment/s, ie, how many, time, multi choice etc?
Hi, Thank you for your query. We aim to provide a beginners'-level course at an affordable price, and, in that sense, the content needs to be broader to reach both UK and US students. After each module of your "Charity and Fundraising" course, there is a short exam that includes multiple choice questions. The final grade of your course will be the average of all the modules. Kaoutar - Eventtrix TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.