Start your own charity or nonprofit organization!
Whether you’re passionate about education, animal rights, or cleaning up the environment, starting your own charity or nonprofit organization is the perfect way to have direct impact on your cause.
You may be frustrated by large organizations and NGO’s because you feel they aren’t adequately addressing the real issues – or you don’t approve of their spending. Or, you may feel excited by the idea that you can work hands-on to make a noticeable difference.
Whatever your reason, starting your own charity or program is a great way to encourage involvement, spread awareness in your community, gain valuable business experience, and create the positive changes you want to see in the world.
In this course, we’ll walk you through all the steps of creating your own charity or nonprofit, from conception through execution. You’ll learn to run your organization like a business, so that every decision is strategic, spending is on a tight leash, and your dedication and efforts are applied to where they’re needed most.
Learn how to run a successful organization with little capital, how to build a team of volunteers, how to leverage what resources you already have, and how to create successful events to attract sponsors, donors, and the media. Good intentions are the starting point, but you’ll need to rely on business savvy and long-term planning for your charity to enjoy meaningful, longstanding success.
If your charity is financially successful, you can earn a salary as a board member, CEO, or other role. While the point isn’t to line your own pockets, you can earn a comfortable living by going from volunteer to employee. Here are other possible career paths for people who start their own charitable organization.
- Working for large NGOs, who usually require previous experience in the nonprofit sector
- Becoming an entrepreneur or small business owner
- Working with the government in various capacities that can be related to your cause or field of interest
- Management positions, where your experience managing volunteers, budgets, and events will enhance your resume or CV
- Teaching, health care, law enforcement, and other fields where you can feel good about making a difference
Module1: Laying the Groundwork for Your New Charity
- How to Start a Nonprofit Organization: Identifying the Problem and Solution
- Your Mission Statement and Values
- Legal Responsibilities and Ethical Obligations
- Registering Your Charity
- Establishing Governance and Risk Management
- Managing Budgets, Taxes, and Accounting
Module 2: Spread the Word! Marketing and Public Relations Strategies
- Building a Brand: Logos, Slogans, and Culture
- Website 101 for Design, Content, and Traffic
- Digital Marketing: Ads, SEO, and Emails
- Smart Social Media Marketing
- Low-Cost Advertising That Works!
- Generate Buzz with Media and Press
Module 3: Money Talks: Become a Fundraising Phenomenon
- What Are Your Investor Options?
- Establishing Corporate Sponsorships
- Using Crowdfunding Channels
- Writing Successful Pitches and Proposals
- Planning Your Fundraising Campaign
Module 4: Planning Successful Fundraisers and Events
- Types of Events for Non-Profits
- Crash Course in Event Planning
- Your Role as the Host
- How to Attract Media, Press, and Local Partners
- Leveraging Affiliates and Sponsors
- How to Network like a Pro
Module 5: Community and Volunteer Engagement
- Recruitment Strategies for Volunteers and Staff
- Your Responsibilities as a Non-Profit Employer
- 20 Best Teambuilding and Leadership Tips
- Getting Support from Your Community
- Tools and Resources
No previous experience is necessary.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is this course an UK ran course?
Our Charity and Fundraising course is fully online, so it can be accessed worldwide.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do you get a certificate?
Yes, at the end of the course, you will receive a pdf certificate confirming course completion. This is a certificate of completion stating the course taken. It can be used as a proof of study for employment.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.