The Knowledge Academy
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Certified Training & Development Manager Course Overview
The Training & Development Manager is an integral component of an HR team. As well as supporting other HR team members, they are required to lead efforts for organisational development by identifying skill gaps in the workforce and arranging training accordingly. Although supported by Training Professionals, the Training & Development Manager is the primary decision maker regarding the training of employees. By providing efficient learning and development practices, a Training & Development Manager can help an organisation to execute their business strategy.
Our two-day Training & Development Manager certification will allow delegates to gain an understanding of the importance of training across all levels of an enterprise and the responsibilities of this role within an HR Department. The course begins with a brief overview of Human Resources as a whole, followed by an explanation of Training and Development. Afterwards, our experienced instructors will move on to discuss the specific duties of a Training and Development Manager. These can include managing the training budget, organising training sessions, managing relationships with external training providers, carrying out training needs analysis, and aligning training with business priorities. When training is deemed necessary, professionals operating in this role should be capable of selecting the most appropriate type of training and delivery method to suit the requirements of the employees and the business as a whole.
Certified Training & Development Manager Course OutlineHuman Resources Overview
- Definition of Human Resources
- Objectives of Human Resources
- The Role of Human Resources in a Business Context
- Structure of the HR Department
- Challenges faced by an HR Department
What is Training & Development?
- The Importance of Training and Development
- The Difference between Training and Development
- Training and Development Objectives
- Training and Development Best Practice
- Training Requirements
- Training Approaches and Types of Training
Identifying Training & Development Requirements
- Identifying Skill Gaps
- Decision Making
- Decide who Requires Training
- Decide the Best Type of Training
- Decide the Best Training Delivery Method
- Undertaking Training Needs Analysis
Providing Training & Development
- Arranging Training
- Delivering Training
- Managing Relationships with External Training Providers
- Providing Professional Advice, Coaching, and Guidance
- Talent Management
- Budget Management
- Supporting the HR Team
Who is this course for?
Anybody who like to learn how to be a Training & Development Manager.
Who should attend this HR Training Course?
This course is tailored mainly to those wishing to work specifically as a Training and Development Manager. However, this course would also be highly beneficial to individuals with the desire to work in an HR Department in any role, as Learning and Development is a core feature of Human Relations.
There are no prerequisites, however, it would benefit candidates to have an understanding of Human Resources and Learning and Development practices.