Hudson have partnered with Mile2 as an Authorized Training Center to offer the Certified Secure Web Application Engineer (CSWAE) course. Mile2 designs, develops, and delivers Information Security training and Information Assurance services that meet military, government, private sector and institutional specifications. In doing so, Mile2 has become the de facto standard for a number organizations and militaries worldwide.
Key facts about Mile2
- Mile2 has a strong military connection. Their Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) certification played a pivotal role in assisting the United States Air Force (USAF) improve their security protocols. This course was originally designed for the USAF.
- Mile2's certification courses are accredited by the National Security Agency (NSA) and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS). They are also on the FBI's Preferred Tier 1-3 certification training list for prospective FBI agents specialising in cyber crime.
- CompTIA recognises and acknowledges Mile2 courses as Expert Level, e.g. Mile2 CPTE.
- Mile2 have their own IT Security Penetration Testing magazine called PenTest Magazine, which is published several times a year.
- All Mile2 courses count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward (ISC)2, ISACA, and SANS ongoing certification requirements.
About this course
Organizations and governments fall victim to internet based attacks every day. In many cases, web attacks could be thwarted but hackers, organized criminal gangs, and foreign agents are able to exploit weaknesses in web applications. The Secure Web programmer knows how to identify, mitigate and defend against all attacks through designing and building systems that are resistant to failure. The secure web application developer knows how to develop web applications that aren’t subject to common vulnerabilities, and how to test and validate that their applications are secure, reliable and resistant to attack. The vendor neutral Certified Secure Web Application Engineer certification provides the developer with a thorough and broad understanding of secure application concepts, principles and standards. The student will be able to design, develop and test web applications that will provide reliable web services that meet functional business requirements and satisfy compliance and assurance needs.
The Certified Secure Web Application Engineer course is delivered by high level OWASP experts and students can expect to obtain real world security knowledge that enables them to recognize vulnerabilities, exploit system weaknesses and help safeguard against application threats.
Upon completion, Certified Secure Web Application Engineer students will be able to establish industry acceptable auditing standards with current best practices and policies. Students will also be prepared to competently take the C)SWAE exam.
Course Duration and Delivery: 32 hours, online (12 months access)
- Video based course material
- 2 week's live lab access to practice your skills
- Exam prep guide
- Exam simulator to prepare you for the official exam
- Exam voucher to sit the official exam
- 2nd shot exam voucher in case you fail
- Click here to view our brochure to learn more about Hudson - download
Course areas covered
- Module 1: Web Application Security
- Module 2: OWASP TOP 10
- Module 3: Threat Modeling & Risk Management
- Module 4: Application Mapping
- Module 5: Authentication and Authorisation attacks
- Module 6: Session Management attacks
- Module 7: Application Logic attacks
- Module 8: Data Validation
- Module 9: AJAX attacks
- Module 10: Code Review and Security Testing
- Module 11: Web Application Penetration Testing
- Module 12: Secure SDLC
- Module 13: Cryptography
Complete the Reed enquiry form to see a detailed breakdown of the course syllabus.
About the exam
The CSWAE exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your Mile2 account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. Further details about the exam are as follows:
- All exams are immediately loaded in your Mile2 user account once you have enrolled
- All Mile2 exams are taken on-line and can be taken anywhere 24/7 providing you have access to an internet connection and PC or laptop
- All exams run for 2 hours and comprise of 100 questions with a passing score of 70%
- There are NO prerequisites toward taking any Mile2 exam
- Once you have passed your exam, you will instantly receive a digital copy of your certification
Features of course
- User Friendly Navigation: Easily navigate through hours of in-depth training videos. Easily navigate through modules and repeat entire topics or even a particular section.
- Full Video of Instructor: Hours of one on one video with the instructor directly teaching you the skills you need to be successful.
- Full Video Lab Demonstrations: The instructor will actually perform key tasks in front of you on screen. This format gives the user the power to see things done by a professional in the intended environment as many times as they would like.
- Info Rich Power Points: Utilizing PowerPoint presentations allows the user to better interpret the material through charts, definitions, graphs, and more.
- Review Quiz Questions After Every Module: At the end of each module, there is a review quiz to ensure the retention of the information discussed before moving on to a new section.
- In Depth Study Guide: A handy study guide enables tactile learners to process what they learn, follow along with the videos, and ultimately walk away with a paper based review tool they can return to any time any place.
How is this course taught?
This is an online, self-paced course, meaning you do it in your own home, in your own time, at your own pace. Each lesson is pre-recorded allowing you to pause, fast-forward, skip sections, or go back to another lesson if you need to. Aside from the written notes and mock exam, the lessons are multi-media based, which means video and audio are used to teach the lessons. Most courses are also interactive, prompting the learner to participate. This involves answering on-screen questions at the end of each course through the practice exam.
What do I need?
This is an online course with 24/7 access. You can do it from any where in the world, any time of the day providing you have an internet connection and a device such as a laptop, PC, or Mac. No apps are required to access the courses. You simply do it from your browser. For the best user experience, we recommend Google Chrome.
Who is this course for?
- Web Application Engineers
- IS Managers
- Application Engineers
Although there are no prerequisites to take the course or sit the exam, it is recommended prospective learners have 24 months’ experience in software technologies and security, sound knowledge of networking, at least one coding language, Linux and Open shell understanding.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.