Hudson have partnered with Mile2 as an Authorized Training Center to offer the Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO) course. Mile2 designs, develops, and delivers Information Security training and Information Assurance services that meet military, government, private sector and institutional specifications. In doing so, Mile2 has become the de facto standard for a number organizations and militaries worldwide.
Key facts about Mile2
- Mile2 has a strong military connection. Their Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) certification played a pivotal role in assisting the United States Air Force (USAF) improve their security protocols. This course was originally designed for the USAF.
- Mile2's certification courses are accredited by the National Security Agency (NSA) and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS). They are also on the FBI's Preferred Tier 1-3 certification training list for prospective FBI agents specialising in cyber crime.
- CompTIA recognises and acknowledges Mile2 courses as Expert Level, e.g. Mile2 CPTE.
- Mile2 have their own IT Security Penetration Testing magazine called PenTest Magazine, which is published several times a year.
- All Mile2 courses count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward (ISC)2, ISACA, and SANS ongoing certification requirements.
About this course
Mile2’s vendor neutral Certified Information Systems Security Officer certification training was a direct initiative of the DND – Department of National Defence of Canada in cooperation with the DOD – Department of Defense of the United States; defined in the dual initiative titled CANUS CDISM MOU - ID#: 1974100118. In the CANUS CDISM MOU, it stated the following:
1. The CDRSN National Information System Security Officer (ISSO) is the focal point for all security issues pertaining to this network.
2. The Director Information Management Security (DIMSECUR) is the DND authority for security assessment of the CDRSN, including the approval of Interim Authority to Process (IAP) and Authority to Communicate.
With these initiatives in mind, Mile2 created the Certified ISSO. The CISSO addresses the broad range of industry best practices, knowledge and skills expected of a security manager/officer. The candidate will learn in-depth theory pertaining to the practical implementation of core security concepts, practices, monitoring and compliance in the full panorama of IS management. Through the use of a risk-based approach, the CISSO is able to implement and maintain cost-effective security controls that are closely aligned with both business and industry standards.
Whether you’re responsible for the management of a Cyber Security team, a Security Officer, an IT auditor or a Business Analyst, the C)ISSO certification course is an ideal way to increase your knowledge, expertise and skill.
Upon completion, Certified Information Systems Security Officer students will not only be able to establish industry acceptable Cyber Security & IS management standards with current best practices but also be prepared to competently take the CISSO exam.
Course areas covered
- Module 1: Risk Management
- Module 2: Security Management
- Module 3: Identification and Authentication
- Module 4: Access Control
- Module 5: Security Models and Evaluation Criteria
- Module 6: Operations Security
- Module 7: Symmetric Cryptography and Hashing
- Module 8: Asymmetric Cryptography and PKI
- Module 9: Network Connections
- Module 10: Network Protocols and Devices
- Module 11: Telephony, VPNs and Wireless
- Module 12: Security Architecture and Attacks
- Module 13: Software Development Security
- Module 14: Database Security and System Development
- Module 15: Malware and Software Attacks
- Module 16: Business Continuity
- Module 17: Disaster Recovery
- Module 18: Incident Management, Law, and Ethics
- Module 19: Physical Security
Complete the Reed enquiry form to see a detailed breakdown of the course syllabus.
Course Duration and Delivery: 40 hours, online (12 months access)
What does this course include?
- Video based course material
- Exam prep guide
- Exam simulator to prepare you for the official exam
- Exam voucher to sit the official exam
- 2nd shot exam voucher in case you fail
- Click here to view our brochure to learn more about Hudson - download
About the exam
The CISSO exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your Mile2 account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. Further details about the exam are as follows:
- All exams are immediately loaded in your Mile2 user account once you have enrolled
- All Mile2 exams are taken on-line and can be taken anywhere 24/7 providing you have access to an internet connection and PC or laptop
- All exams run for 2 hours and comprise of 100 questions with a passing score of 70%
- There are NO prerequisites toward taking any Mile2 exam
- Once you have passed your exam, you will instantly receive a digital copy of your certification
Features of course
- User Friendly Navigation: Easily navigate through hours of in-depth training videos. Easily navigate through modules and repeat entire topics or even a particular section.
- Full Video of Instructor: Hours of one on one video with the instructor directly teaching you the skills you need to be successful.
- Full Video Lab Demonstrations: The instructor will actually perform key tasks in front of you on screen. This format gives the user the power to see things done by a professional in the intended environment as many times as they would like.
- Info Rich Power Points: Utilizing PowerPoint presentations allows the user to better interpret the material through charts, definitions, graphs, and more.
- Review Quiz Questions After Every Module: At the end of each module, there is a review quiz to ensure the retention of the information discussed before moving on to a new section.
- In Depth Study Guide: A handy study guide enables tactile learners to process what they learn, follow along with the videos, and ultimately walk away with a paper based review tool they can return to any time any place.
How is this course taught?
This is an online, self-paced course, meaning you do it in your own home, in your own time, at your own pace. Each lesson is pre-recorded allowing you to pause, fast-forward, skip sections, or go back to another lesson if you need to. Aside from the written notes and mock exam, the lessons are multi-media based, which means video and audio are used to teach the lessons. Most courses are also interactive, prompting the learner to participate. This involves answering on-screen questions at the end of each course through the practice exam.
What do I need?
This is an online course with 24/7 access. You can do it from any where in the world, any time of the day providing you have an internet connection and a device such as a laptop, PC, or Mac. No apps are required to access the courses. You simply do it from your browser. For the best user experience, we recommend Google Chrome.
Who is this course for?
- IS Security Officers
- IS Managers
- Risk Managers
- Information Systems Owners
- IS Control Assessors
- System Managers
Although there are no prerequisites to take the course or sit the exam, it is recommended prospective students have 12 months Information Systems Management experience.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.