The Training Centre
This is the Privacy Programme Management Training Course from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
Make a difference in your organization and in your career. The CIPM designation says that you’re a leader in privacy program administration and that you've got the goods to establish, maintain and manage a privacy program across all stages of its lifecycle.
The CIPM is the world’s first and only certification in privacy program management. When you earn a CIPM, it shows that you don’t just know privacy regulations—you know how to make it work for your organization. In other words, you’re the go-to person for day-to-day operations when it comes to privacy.
Developed in collaboration with the law firms, Bird and Bird, Field Fisher, Wilson/Sonsini and Covington and Burling, the CIPM encompasses pan-European and national data protection laws, key privacy terminology and practical concepts concerning the determination of control measures designed to protect personal data and trans-border data flows.
Delivered in a modular format, the course covers;
- Module 1: Introduction to privacy program management Identifies privacy program management responsibilities, and describes the role of accountability in privacy program management.
- Module 2: Privacy governance Examines considerations for developing and implementing a privacy program, including the position of the privacy function within the organization, role of the DPO, program scope and charter, privacy strategy, support and ongoing involvement of key functions and privacy frameworks.
- Module 3: Applicable laws and regulations Discusses the regulatory environment, common elements across jurisdictions and strategies for aligning compliance with organizational strategy.
- Module 4: Data assessments Relates practical processes for creating and using data inventories/maps, gap analyses, privacy assessments, privacy impact assessments/data protection impact assessments and vendor assessments.
- Module 5: Policies Describes common types of privacy-related policies, outlines components and offers strategies for implementation.
- Module 6: Data subject rights Discusses operational considerations for communicating and ensuring data subject rights, including privacy notice, choice and consent, access and rectification, data portability, and erasure and the right to be forgotten.
- Module 7: Training and awareness Outlines strategies for developing and implementing privacy training and awareness programs.
- Module 8: Protecting personal information Examines a holistic approach to protecting personal information through privacy by design.
- Module 9: Data breach incident plans Provides guidance on planning for and responding to a data security incident or breach.
- Module 10: Measuring, monitoring and auditing program performance Relates common practices for monitoring, measuring, analyzing and auditing privacy program performance
The CIPM body of knowledge outlines all the concepts and topics that you need to know to become certified. The exam blueprint gives you an idea of how many questions from each topic area you can expect on the exam.
Breakfast, Lunch, mid-morning and afternoon snacks, teas, coffees, waters
The Official Study Guide
Official Exam Q&A's
Course Slide Decks
1 years membership of the IAPP
The exam itself
Who is this course for?
The CIPM is ideal for IT and information security leaders responsible for developing Data Protection frameworks and applying best practice, including those in the following positions:
Cyber Security Analysts and Managers
Aspiring Data Protection Officers
There are no prerequisites for this course but attendees would benefit from a review of the materials on the IAPP site
Combine your knowledge with the Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E) to become DPO ready
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.