Hudson have partnered with Mile2 as an Authorized Training Center to offer the Certified Incident Handling Engineer (CIHE) course. Mile2 designs, develops, and delivers Information Security training and Information Assurance services that meet military, government, private sector and institutional specifications. In doing so, Mile2 has become the de facto standard for a number organizations and militaries worldwide.
Key facts about Mile2
- Mile2 has a strong military connection. Their Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) certification played a pivotal role in assisting the United States Air Force (USAF) improve their security protocols. This course was originally designed for the USAF.
- Mile2's certification courses are accredited by the National Security Agency (NSA) and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS). They are also on the FBI's Preferred Tier 1-3 certification training list for prospective FBI agents specialising in cyber crime.
- CompTIA recognises and acknowledges Mile2 courses as Expert Level, e.g. Mile2 CPTE.
- Mile2 have their own IT Security Penetration Testing magazine called PenTest Magazine, which is published several times a year.
- All Mile2 courses count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward (ISC)2, ISACA, and SANS ongoing certification requirements.
About this course
The Certified Incident Handling Engineer vendor neutral certification is designed to help Incident Handlers, System Administrators, and any General Security Engineers understand how to plan, create and utilize their systems in order to prevent, detect and respond to attacks.
In this in-depth training, students will learn step-by-step approaches used by hackers globally, the latest attack vectors and how to safeguard against them, Incident Handling procedures (including developing the process from start to finish and establishing your Incident Handling team), strategies for each type of attack, recovering from attacks and much more.
Furthermore, students will enjoy numerous hands-on laboratory exercises that focus on topics, such as reconnaissance, vulnerability assessments using Nessus, network sniffing, web application manipulation, malware and using Netcat plus several additional scenarios for both Windows and Linux systems.
Graduates of the mile2 Certified Incident Handling Engineer training obtain real world security knowledge that enables them to recognize vulnerabilities, exploit system weaknesses and help safeguard against threats. This course covers the same objectives as the SANS® Security 504 training and prepares students for the GCIH®and CIHE certifications
Students will experience an in-depth course that is continuously updated to maintain and incorporate the ever changing security world. This course offers up-to-date proprietary laboratories that have been researched and developed by leading security professionals from around the world.
What does this course include?
- Video based course material
- 2 week's live lab access to practice your skills
- Exam prep guide
- Exam simulator to prepare you for the official exam
- Exam voucher to sit the official exam
- 2nd shot exam voucher in case you fail
Course Duration and Delivery: 40 hours, online (12 months access)
- Click here to view our brochure to learn more about Hudson - download
Course areas covered
- Module 1 - Incident Handling Explained/li>
- Module 2 - Threats, Vulnerabilities and Exploits
- Module 3 – Preparation
- Module 4 - First Response
- Module 5 – Containment
- Module 6 – Eradication
- Module 7 – Recovery
- Module 8 - Follow-Up
Complete the Reed enquiry form to see a detailed breakdown of the course syllabus.
About the exam
The CIHE exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your Mile2 account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. Further details about the exam are as follows:
- All exams are immediately loaded in your Mile2 user account once you have enrolled
- All Mile2 exams are taken on-line and can be taken anywhere 24/7 providing you have access to an internet connection and PC or laptop
- All exams run for 2 hours and comprise of 100 questions with a passing score of 70%
- There are NO prerequisites toward taking any Mile2 exam
- Once you have passed your exam, you will instantly receive a digital copy of your certification
Features of course
- User Friendly Navigation: Easily navigate through hours of in-depth training videos. Easily navigate through modules and repeat entire topics or even a particular section.
- Full Video of Instructor: Hours of one on one video with the instructor directly teaching you the skills you need to be successful.
- Full Video Lab Demonstrations: The instructor will actually perform key tasks in front of you on screen. This format gives the user the power to see things done by a professional in the intended environment as many times as they would like.
- Info Rich Power Points: Utilizing PowerPoint presentations allows the user to better interpret the material through charts, definitions, graphs, and more.
- Review Quiz Questions After Every Module: At the end of each module, there is a review quiz to ensure the retention of the information discussed before moving on to a new section.
- In Depth Study Guide: A handy study guide enables tactile learners to process what they learn, follow along with the videos, and ultimately walk away with a paper based review tool they can return to any time any place.
How is this course taught?
This is an online, self-paced course, meaning you do it in your own home, in your own time, at your own pace. Each lesson is pre-recorded allowing you to pause, fast-forward, skip sections, or go back to another lesson if you need to. Aside from the written notes and mock exam, the lessons are multi-media based, which means video and audio are used to teach the lessons. Most courses are also interactive, prompting the learner to participate. This involves answering on-screen questions at the end of each course through the practice exam.
What do I need?
This is an online course with 24/7 access. You can do it from any where in the world, any time of the day providing you have an internet connection and a device such as a laptop, PC, or Mac. No apps are required to access the courses. You simply do it from your browser. For the best user experience, we recommend Google Chrome.
Although there are no prerequisites to take the course or sit the exam, it is recommended prospective learners have a minimum of 12 months experience in networking technologies, a sound knowledge of TCP/IP, knowledge of Microsoft packages, and basic Knowledge of Linux.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.