Learn about safe and effective strategies for losing weight for good and find out how to set up an effective diet plan and training for different needs by taking this course.
Overweight and obesity are two of the biggest health concerns worldwide, and it is easy to see why. Apart from the physical complications they bring, these two conditions also increase the risk of developing a range of serious health problems, such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, gallbladder disease, osteoarthritis, breathing problems, and some forms of cancer, just to name a few. In short, being overweight or obese can diminish the quality of life of a person.
Because being overweight or obese is not the same for everyone, achieving a healthy weight and maintaining it for good has to be tailored to each individual. This, in turn, demands an understanding of body composition, metabolism, exercise capacity, and nutrition in order to recommend appropriate diet and training for specific weight loss needs. As such, if you are planning to become a clinical weight loss practitioner or are simply interested to find out more about safe and effective weight loss, this course is a great place to start.
This Online Clinical Weight Loss Practitioner course will tackle the things you need to know to help yourself or others achieve a healthy weight using the right strategies and approaches. It will also impart knowledge that will allow you to start a career as a weight loss specialist. To start with, it will provide a clear picture of obesity, detailing its process of development, its causal factors, and the threats linked to the condition. It will then take you through the process of metabolism and explain how some types of hormones affect weight. The course will also teach you how to carry out different assessments to check body weight, build rapport with clients, create an affirmative environment, and offer strategies for healthy diet plan and weight loss training.
Some of the topics that will be discussed in detail within the course include:
- The Causes and Dangers of Obesity
- Controlling Body Weight
- Talks with Customers
- Setting of Objectives
- Food and Nutrition in Relation to Weight Los
- Keeping Fit and Locomotion
- Healthy Living for Mild Addictions
- Medical Interventions for Obese People
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define obesity and identify its causal factors, process of development, and associated health threats.
- Know the best practices for effectively dealing with clients and carrying out the necessary assessments using different tests.
- Point out the key relationship between nutrition and weight and have the capacity to create and recommend a nutrient-rich diet plan to clients.
- Set up a healthy training programme for specific needs and know how to integrate and implement interval and resistance training.
- Know when it is necessary to receive medical involvement to fight off obesity and achieve weight loss for good.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.