Add to basket or enquire
Want to protect your finances and bank accounts from fraudulent activity? Take steps to become a certified AML compliance officer and anti-money laundering specialist with the Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) course. This anti-money laundering training certification will teach you how to detect and assess suspicious money laundering activities that pose potential threats to your organisation.
This course is suitable for anyone who works in the financial, legal or real estate sector, as well as in roles that involve frequent cash transactions. You will explore the Anti-Money Laundering Act in detail, and the different stages of money laundering. You will also learn how to report AML and develop practical knowledge to be able to identify potential risks and counteract attacks.
Learning Outcomes of The Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS):
- Gain a full understanding of the definition of money laundering
- Learn how to assess risk and implement a risk-based approach for your business
- Understand what determines if a transaction is suspicious
- Learn how to detect and report suspicious money laundering activities
- Know how to comply with the Bank Secrecy Act and retain records of specific information
- Familiarise with the AML glossary of terms
- Be aware of the pitfalls of outsourcing and how to avoid them
- Ensure that your KYC (know your customer) information is kept up-to-date
Benefits of studying the Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams.
The Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
Online study materials
************************** Course Modules**************************
Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
Module 01: Money Laundering
- Introduction to Money Laundering
- Three Stages of Money Laundering
- Why should Society Care about Money Laundering?
- Terrorism & Terror Financing
Module 02: Money Laundering Law & Regulation
- Source of Money Laundering Law and Regulation
- Money Laundering Regulations 2017
- Fifth Money Laundering Directive (5MLD)
- Money Laundering Regulations 2019
Module 03: Risk-Based Approach
- What Is Risk-Based Approach
- Core Obligation
- Introduction and legal obligations
- Identification and Assessment of Business Risks
Module 04: Customer Due Diligence & Record-Keeping Requirements
- Customer Due Diligence
- The Changing Circumstances of Your Customers
- When to Carry out Enhanced Due Diligence
- Complete a Policy Statement for Your Business
Module 05: Money Laundering Training
- The Importance of Staff Awareness and Training
- Legal and Regulatory Obligation
- Internal Training Procedure
Module 06: Reporting Requirements
- Meaning of a Suspicious Activity or Transaction
- When to Report Suspicious Activity
- Get Consent for a Transaction
Module 07: Register for Money Laundering Supervision
- Businesses Covered by the Regulations
- Supervisory Authorities
- Premises to Register
- Agents or Franchisees
Module 08: Compliance Checks, Penalties and Appeals
- Why HMRC Visits Businesses
- Professional Advisers
- Office-Based Compliance Checks
- Penalty Administration Charge
Module 09: Money Laundering Responsibilities
- Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- MLRO Appointment
- The Safe Harbour and Its Limitations
- Matrix Management
- MLRO’s Annual Report
Upon successful completion of the course, you can instantly download your e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of £9.99 and PDF Certificate at £4.99.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Could I please have a look the sample certificate for this course?
Good afternoon. You can see a sample certificate from the 'Course Media' section in the course information page. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I am based in Botswana, ido i qualify to enroll for the course? I noticed that most of the courses are for UK residents
Hi Thabo, Good afternoon. The course is open to all from all academic backgrounds, and there are no specific requirements to attend this course. All of our courses are online courses. Therefore, you can do the courses from anywhere in the world. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hello, what is schedule for this course? is it fully online and I can access it when I find time for it or there is schedule? Thank you
Dear Ana, Good morning. You will get one year access to the course after purchasing, and you can complete it anytime within a year. You can study the course at a convenient time. All of our courses are online courses. All of our course materials are online. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.