Add to basket or enquire
Certificate in Writing for the Press – Level 3
If you want to write for a magazine, become a Journalist, or work as an Editor, this course is for you! This excellent Certificate in Writing for the Press will help you achieve your goal of improving your writing style, and developing the skill to write for the press in a number of settings. Learners will gain a detailed overview of the role of a Journalist, how to use images within your written work, how to incorporate technical language, things which should be included in a press release, and will be able to access example press releases. This Writing for the Press course will allow you to develop a winning formula when writing for the press, so you can succeed!
Why You Should Choose Study 365
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the key topics listed under the curriculum.
1. Writing For A Press
2. The Inverted Pyramid
3. Defining News
4. Birth Of A Press Release
5. The Six W’s
6. Things That Is Included In A Press Release
7. Some Examples For Press Release
8. Selecting A Suitable Picture To Include In The Document
9. Actions Of Journalists
10. Digital Printing
11. Growing Your Business
12. Writing For Electronic Media
13. Writing The Content
14. Using Technical Words In Writing
15. Rechecking Your Work Before Sending It To The Press
You will have 12 Months access to your online study platform from the date you purchased the course. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can complete the course in stages revisiting the training at any time.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course, learners will take an online multiple choice question assessment test. The online test is marked straight away, so you will know immediately if you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate for Certificate in Writing for the Press – Level 3.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in this course, you’ll get:
- High-quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- A study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Who is this course for?
- School Leavers
- Job Seekers
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy, and ICT.
- Press Officer
- Communications Officer
- Marketing Officer
- PR Executive
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.