Transportation Engineering (or Transport Engineering) is the use of technology and scientific principles to the planning, design, operation, and management of any mode of transport. Transport Engineering ensures that transport remains safe, efficient, economical, and comfortable for society. This course is comprehensive and provides a full education in transport engineering, which means learners who become certified will be prepared for employment in the industry.
Learning with Study365 has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
1.INTRODUCTION TO THE COURSE - CERTIFICATE IN TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING
4. LIGHT RAIL
5. HEAVY RAIL
6. COMMUTER RAIL
7. OTHER TRANSPORTATION TERMINOLOGY
8. MODELS OF ORGANISATION
9. TRANSIT SERVICE ORGANISATION
10. RIDERSHIP PREDICTION
11. TRANSIT ROUTE ASSIGNMENT
12. CHOICE OF MODEL
13. MODELLING AND ANALYSIS OF TRANSIT NETWORK
14. MODEL OF WAIT TIME
15. PROCESS OF PASSENGER ARRIVAL
16. PROCESS OF VEHICLE DEPARTURE
17. MODELS OF VEHICLE RUNNING TIME
18. TRANSIT PERFORMANCE MEASURES
19. DWELL TIME
20. DWELL TIME MODELS
21. BUS FREQUENCY
22. BUS SIZE MODEL
23. BUS STOP AND STATION SPACING MODELS
24. FARE POLICY
25. STRUCTURE OF FARE POLICY
27. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
28. REFERENCES - TE
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in Transportation Engineering.
Why Choose Us?
- Our courses represent outstanding value for money
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Each course is designed by industry experts, using an innovative interactive learning approach.
- Includes step-by-step guided videos tutorials.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- 24/7 Access to the Online Learning Portal.
- Anytime & Anywhere Learning.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Who is this course for?
This course is specifically designed for those interested in Transportation Engineering, whether you have previous knowledge or not.
- There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
This course could open up many career paths for you, including:
- Transportation Engineer
- Roadway Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Traffic Engineer
- Structures Engineer
- Transport Design Engineer
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.