Add to basket or enquire
Certificate in Special Educational Needs (SEN) - Level 3 Certification
Designed for individuals aspiring to get into the special education teaching industry, this Certificate in Special Education Needs (SEN) – Level 3 course aims to take you in and out about Special Education Needs (SEN) in a matter of days. This course is a wonderful opportunity for you to progress in your current teaching career as well, since your expertise in dealing with special education needs will open up various progression opportunities within the industry. The course curriculum is very intensive and comprises of comprehensive modules that will make sure you possess the right knowledge and skills for a special education career.
This course will provide you insights into special education needs and then will help you understand the provisions made for special education across schools and other policies. You will also get access to learning materials that will talk about the role of SEN Co and other related agencies.
Once you explore the common SEN conditions found within mainstream schools, you will come to learn the behaviours that hinder a child from learning normally. You will also gain an opportunity to understand about inclusive education and the strategies to promote them within an educational setting.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink* has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink* to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Study365 is an approved reselling partner for ABC Awards courses under Global Edulink
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
- Gain insight into special education needs
- Understand the provisions made for special education in schools and policies
- Learn the role of SEN Co and other related agencies
- Explore the common SEN conditions found in mainstream schools
- Identify the behaviours that hinder a child from learning normally
- Learn the importance of inclusive education and how to promote them
1. Special Educational Needs (Sen) Overview
2. Special Educational Needs (Sen) Provision in Schools and Policies
3. Sen Co Role and Outside Agencies
4. Some Common Sen Conditions Found in Mainstream Schools
6. Inclusive Education
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
This online course is assignment-based with learners being assessed upon the submission of a series of assignments. Once you successfully submit the assignments, students will gain a professional qualification. The assignments must be submitted to the instructor through the online learning portal. The assignments will be reviewed and evaluated, with feedback provided to the student on how well they have fared.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards will provide successful learners with a Certificate of Achievement and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the units completed by the learner through this course.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Who is this course for?
- This course is perfect for individuals aspiring to teach kids with special education needs and for teaching professionals looking to progress in their careers.
- Parents with special educational needs kids might also find this course beneficial
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- Special Education Paraprofessional – £26,500 per annum
- Educational Specialist – £26,500 per annum
- Special Education Teacher (preschool) – £25,127 per annum
- Special Education Teacher (Middle School)- £36,000 per annum
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.Leave a review