Who is it for?
For anyone looking to break into digital marketing, the Certificate in Social Media Marketing course will provide you with a set of knowledge and competencies that will help you excel in any entry level marketing role. If you’re simply looking to introduce social media to your existing responsibilities, then this course will develop the background knowledge required to do so.
This Social Media Marketing course is ideal if you want to develop existing web skills, gain confidence before dipping a toe in the world of social media marketing, or get a feel for the subject before committing to more comprehensive study across social media and digital marketing.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Marketing Assistant
- Social Media Marketing Assistant
- Online Marketing Executive
In these roles you could earn up to £22,000 per annum (Source: reed.co.uk Salary Checker, 2013, UK only)
When can I start?
You can enrol on this course any time - start today.
Are there any requirements?
There are no formal pre-requisites for enrolling on this course or completing this certification, however you will need to have at least Level 2 Literacy to get the most from this course.
Module 1 – Introduction to Social Media
- What is social media?
- Why does social media matter to business?
- What types of social media?
- Communities driven by content type
- Modelling audiences or participants
- Social media and corporate reputation
- Content implications for reputation management and social media
- How does social media impact the communications / marketing funnel?
- Where does social media fit in with the purchase process?
- Developing a Social Media Plan
Module 2 – Using Social Media Tools
- Quick quiz – what can you use social media tools for?
- Maximising effectiveness for LinkedIn
- How can you showcase your potential
- Checklist for creating a company page on LinkedIn
- To Facebook or Google?
- A guide to Edgerank component parts
- Checklist for a Facebook page
- A checklist for creating a Google+ Page
- Blogs – living in the blogosphere
- Microblogging – Twitter (www.twitter.com)
- Tweet opportunities for events
- A guide to Tweet terms
Module 3 – Developing Content
- What is content?
- A visual guide to atomisation
- What is the process for effective atomisation?
- Social media elects Presidents
- What about games?
- What about search and social media content?
- Legal considerations of social media
- What content falls within the CAP code?
What support is available?
- You will have unlimited access to Home Learning College's tutorial support for six months
- 24hour access to the Home Learning College Virtual Community - the biggest online campus in the UK
- Free Career Management Centre services
- Optional NUS card - student card with a range of exclusive discounts
How will I be assessed?
To complete this certification you will need to sit three online units.
What should I do next? For a free consultation call a specialist Marketing Learning Consultant on 0207 980 2842 or enquire online today to request a call back.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.