Add to basket or enquire
The Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement will allow you to get to grips with the purchasing and procurement process, understand the practices of organisations that excel at this well and look at how to apply this in your own workplace. As well as learning to professionally purchase projects, engage stakeholders and obtain increased value and performance from your suppliers, you will also be taught with this Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement course to develop and agree specifications for goods and services, engaging stakeholders as you do so. Finally, you will explore a variety of tools used in supplier selection, source requisitions and develop your negotiation skills through this Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement course.
Highlights of the Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement:
- Improve your procurement skills including the performance of your procurement team.
- Learn the basics of Supply Chain Management and the value of Procurement.
- Understand what it takes to set up a competitive bid for a contract.
- Grasp the complex concept of the Purchasing Cycle in an effortless manner.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of procurement topics ranging from analysis to sourcing to purchasing toolkit.
- Improve efficiency and accuracy by establishing formal supplier evaluationprograms.
- Analyse and successfully reduce risk in the Supply Chain.
Why Choose this Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement Course:
- This best ever Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement Course is for you.
- We’ve taken this comprehensive Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement Course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
- All our courses offer 12 months access and are designed to be studied at your own pace so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the qualification.
- We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
This Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement course is designed with the following modules:
Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement
- Learning Objectives
Supply Chain Management Basics
- Defining the Terms
- The Value of Procurement Maintaining the Process
- The Importance of Procurement
- Reducing Time to Market
- The Five Rights of Purchasing
The Purchasing Cycle
- The Steps in the Cycle
- Identifying a Need
- The Starting Point
- The Purchase Requisition
- Material Requirements Planning Schedule
- Developing a System
- Researching Your Options
- Identifying Suppliers
- Issuing the Purchase Order
- Issuing a Change Order
- Analysing the Price
- General Economic Issues
- Variable-Margin Pricing
- Six Categories of Cost
- Cost vs Price Analysis
- The Scope of Costs
- Cost Models
- Quality Capability Analysis
- Capacity Capability Analysis
- Management Capability Analysis
- Service Capability Analysis
Managing Competitive Bids
- RFP’s and RFQ’s
- Request for Qualification (RFQ)
- Request for Proposal (RFP)/Tendering/Bidding
- Bidding vs Negotiation
- Using Weighted Analysis
- The Halo Effect
- Preventing Litigation
- Legally Binding Elements
- Defining Ethics
- Conflicts of Interest
- The Importance of Ethics
Improving Efficiency and Accuracy
- Supplier Evaluation Plans
- Aggregate Evaluations
- Categorical Evaluations
- Weighted Evaluations
- Quality Control
- Enforcing Quality Requirements
- Documenting Quality Requirements
- Communicating Standards
- Taking Corrective Action
- Setting and Monitoring Delivery Standards
- Shipment Tracking
Analysing and Reducing Risk in the Supply Chain
- Risk Management in Context
- Applying the Concepts
- The Digital Marketplace
- Agile Procurement
- Coping with Complexity
- Building Agility
- Define the Relative Uncertainty.
- Measure and Quantify The Risk.
- Establish Cross-functional Agile Procurement Teams.
- The Categories of Risk
Managing Internal Relationships
- Procurement’s Role in the Organization
- Three Factors for Team Success
- Where Does Supply Management Fit?
- Availability of Materials and Services
- Monetary Value of Purchases
- Product Cost versus Savings
- Types of Materials and Services Required
- The Structure of the Procurement Team
- The Evolution of Materials Management
- The Role of the Purchasing Specialist
Tools of the Trade
- The Evolution of Technology
- Debit, Credit, and Virtual Terminals
- Supplier Stores
- Supplier Delivery System
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- SRM and CRM
- The Always-On Marketplace
- The Role of Social Networking
How is the Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement course assessed?
To successfully complete the Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion of Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement course.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful course completion, you will qualify for a CPD certificate from One Education as proof of your new skills. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Studying this Certificate in Purchasing and Procurement course would benefit a range of careers, but would specifically boost employability in roles including
- Purchasing Manager
- Procurement Officer
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
jose luis asked:
hi, If i failed the exam, do i need to pay again to re take it? Are there mock exams available?. thanks jose luis
Hi Jose, Thanks for reaching out. Yes, if you fail in the final exam you can re-take it by paying £1.99 every time until you pass. There are three mock exams, you can take the mock exams before the final to prepare yourself for the final. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Which level (3 or 4) is the Purchasing and Procurement Management course?.
Dear Tom, Thanks for reaching out. The Purchasing and Procurement Management course is a Level 2 Certificate course. Regards Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Tinashe govo asked:
how do i pay for the course
Hi Tinashe, Thanks for reaching out. You can pay either using your Credit/Debit card or PayPal. Regards, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.