Add to basket or enquire
Food hygiene and safety is a very crucial aspect of the food and beverage industry and a slight mishap or negligence in it might lead to irrevocable consequences. There are innumerable incidents in the past where a restaurant or a food processing company had to close down business due to poor food safety standards. Therefore, restaurants and food processing companies have taken great measures to ensure the hygiene and safety of their food and have even gone as far as to get their company FSMS certified to satisfy and attract customers.
If you are aspiring to get into or progress within the food and beverage industry or would like to start your own restaurant or food processing business, it is vital for you to know the concepts, principles, measures and strategies to promote food safety and this Certificate in Food Hygiene and Safety Management – Level 3 has been introduced to do just that.
This course will leave no stone unturned in its mission to enlighten you on food hygiene and safety management and will explore everything starting from the basic food safety concepts to the internationally recognised HACCP system. You will also come across chapters that will show you how to handle and preserve fruits and vegetables, how to establish an effective FSMS and how to ensure good food hygiene practices within an organisation.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink* has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink* to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Study365 is an approved reselling partner for ABC Awards courses under Global Edulink
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
- Delve into the basic food safety concepts
- Familiarise with the general principles of food hygiene
- Get introduced to the origin and nature of food risk and the impacts of it
- Learn how to handle and preserve fruits and vegetables
- Explore the internationally recognised HACCP system
- Understand how to establish an effective food safety management system
- Gain an insight into the FSMS certification process
01. Basic Food Safety Concepts
02. General Principles of Food Hygiene
03. Origin and Nature of Food Risk
04. Handling and Preservation of Fruit and Vegetables
05. The Haccp System
06. Establishing a Fsms
07. The Internal Control and Fsms Certification Process
08. Market Access Strategy
09. Private Standards
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
This online course is assignment-based with learners being assessed upon the submission of a series of assignments. Once you successfully submit the assignments, students will gain a professional qualification. The assignments must be submitted to the instructor through the online learning portal. The assignments will be reviewed and evaluated, with feedback provided to the student on how well they have fared.
ABC awards and Certa Awards will provide successful learners with a Certificate of Achievement and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the units completed by the learner through this course.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals aspiring to get into the food and beverage industry
- Professionals looking to progress in their careers related to food production
- Anyone else interested in mastering food hygiene and safety management
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- Food Technologist – £25,835 per annum
- Food Safety Manager – £40,976 per annum
- Food and Beverage Director – £53,458 per annum
- Food and Beverage Manager – £25,121 per annum
- Food and Beverage Supervisor – £16,752 per annum
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.