The City Business School’s Certificate in Community Development introduces how community development can bring significant positive changes to a local community, and reviews the techniques needed to run successful community projects.
The course begins by introducing you to what is needed to get a community group started and how to organize a community group to take action. Using community health as a springboard for understanding community development, you will learn about the values, concepts and practices commonly found in the community development sector. You will learn how to define the community and its characteristics, and identify an issue to be actioned within the community. You will look at the various roles within a community group and the strategies it can use to further its objectives.
The course then guides you on how to maintain momentum during a community development project and how to evaluate the effectiveness of the project. You will learn about media communication techniques, how to work with other organizations in the community, how to recruit community volunteers and what makes for a successful volunteer program. You will also learn about the methods you can use to evaluate the community project and what you need to do to sustain progress in a community group.
You will get an overview of the challenges of including minorities in a community development project and you will learn about the benefits that accrue to an organization or community that is inclusive. You will learn to identify diversity in the community and how to include minority groups who may have been overlooked in the decision making process. You will be introduced to a number of tools and techniques, such as how to use a template for the terms of reference or how to conduct a focus group, that will help you implement inclusiveness. You will be guided through ethical practice and principles in the context of community development and who should abide by these guidelines as well as reviewing examples of unethical behaviour.
How does it work ?
This is a self-study course, students have 100% freedom to complete the course in their own time, there is no time restriction on this course. There is no attendance required for this course. Students can study this course from all over the world as long as they have internet connection. Students from all over the world can apply for this course.
What qualification do I get ?
On the completion of the course, the students will be awarded the
Diploma In Community Development Level 4. The Certificate will be sent to successful students within 24 hours.
The course can be completed in a very short time, it totally depends on the life style of the learners. Also, there is no pressure on students to complete the course on fast mode, the course is valid for 12 months, so students can complete the course with complete peace of mind and with no pressure at all.
Course Assessment ( Exam )
There are no written exams for this course. students need to answer 4 assignment ( Home Word ) questions to complete the course, the answers will be in the form of written work. students can write the answers in their own time. Each answer need to be 200 words ( 1 Page ). once the answers are submitted, the tutor will check and assess the work.
The results ( Certificate ) will be issued within 24 hours of assignment submission. 98% of our students pass this course in their first attempt. if students fail, they will be given unlimited chances to resubmit their work without extra charges.
The course is accredited by The CPD Qualifications Group.
This is a self-study course. Students will be provided all the learning text materials to assist them in completing the course. The learning materials will be uploaded to the student online portal and that will be available 24/7. Students can download and read them when ever and where ever they are. The E- books ( PDF Books ) will be of different sizes. Our experts have chosen the right text books for each course. Students can use other books as well in order to assist their course works. Students will have 24/7 access to the course materials. They can access them learning materials from all over the world as long as they have an internet connection.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
– Define community development values, concepts and practices;
– Identify community development strategies and features;
– List success factors in community partnerships and collaborations;
– List the characteristics of an effective team;
– Explain what governance is and what the key areas to be monitored.
– Describe some key communication techniques and active listening;
– List the different media channels that can be used to engage with the public;
– Identify the key factors that make a successful partnership;
– Outline the components of a successful volunteer program;
– Discuss the different project evaluation methods that can be used;
– List activities that can help sustain momentum within a community group;
– Identify the steps in each stage in implementing inclusiveness;
– Discuss ways to make events more inclusive;
– Explain ethics in the context of community development;
– Identify and discuss the key areas of ethics to be considered in community projects;
– Identify strategies to encourage diverse community involvement;
– Explain the importance of planning and managing a promotional program;
– List the six stages of needed to conduct a situations assessment;
– Explain the purpose of and the process for creating outcome objectives;
– Explain the reason for developing the program plan before seeking funding;
– Identify and research potential funders;
– Outline the content of each section of the proposal.
No previous knowledge required.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.