Red Hop Training
Add to basket or enquire
Red Hop Training are Hospitality Sector Specialists and we know what our learners need to succeed. We know how to build learning experiences that are fun as well as educational and our content specialists have developed a fantastic programme that delivers our Certificate in Bar Management and focuses on:
- Supervisory and Management- learn the essentials to be able to run and manage any bar/pub/club/restaurant
- Beer and Lager- you will learn everything about beers and lagers from pilsner to porter. This includes IPA; Bitters; Sour Beers; Saison; Belgian Beer etc
- Compliance- essential Food/Drink Hygiene, Allergen Awareness and Health and Safety. The courses include Level 3 for supervisors and managers.
- Customer Service- including knowledge on how to even clean glassware correctly
The Red Hop Training Certificate in Bar Management is the most comprehensive programme for the modern Bar Manager. The sheer quantity and quality of beers and lagers is mind blowing and the knowledge of bar workers needs to keep pace.
Our programme balances the learning from each element so the learner is not overwhelmed by any particular section. This balance is both timely in that we work with you to determine a realistic time frame for all the learning; plus the balance is through the mixing of the various topics.
The Red Hop Training Certificate in Bar Management is a totally comprehensive programme for the modern Bar Manager. We combine essential knowledge on how to manage your people with the most advanced courses on beer and lager plus the vital Level 3 compliance training needed to offer your customers a safe and enjoyable experience and the business to be confident it is legal.
Red Hop Training Beer Courses provide an in depth knowledge on the world of beers/lagers. Great service begins with knowledge and these Beer Courses will provide you with the confidence to talk with any customer.
The courses within the programme are all fully accredited by CPD; RoSPA and iirsm and the learner will complete the following individual courses:
- Beer Basics - usual price £20.00
- Beer Styles - usual price £20.00
- Keeping and Serving Beer - usual price £20.00
- Food Hygiene Level 3 - usual price £55.00
- Health and Safety level 2/3 - usual price £20.00 and £55.00
- HACCP Level 3 - usual price £55.00
- COSHH- usual price £20.00
- Food Allergen Awareness - usual price £12.00
The usual price of the courses if purchased separately is £277.00
Our programme involves the knowledge of Beer, Compliance and Customer Service. Key learning points for the programme include:
- What is beer. What causes the flavour, texture, smell of the different types of beer
- What causes beer to go off and how to prevent or identify causes
- How the key ingredients of beer affect the flavour, add alcohol and the reason they differ around the world
- What beers suit different food types
- A full understanding of the different classifications of beer and more importantly, why the different beers are classified that way
- What is the best glassware for different types of beer and how to properly clean the glasses
- How to handle and pour the beer so not to spoil it
- Legal requirements of every person working in a bar regarding Food Safety/Hygiene
- Understanding all types of physical, chemical and allergenic hazards
- Food/Drink storage and preparation to prevent accidents or contamination
- The 7 Principles of a HACCP system including how to build an effective plan
- How to identify the 14 allergenic ingredients that must be declared in food products
- What are the legal responsibilities of everyone working with food and drink regarding Allergens
- How to identify and minimise the risk of allergen contamination
- Health and Safety in the workplace
- Accident prevention, investigation and reporting
This Red Hop Training Certificate in Bar Management programme includes:
- Stop-Start technology meaning you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant meaning you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone at anytime
- Developed by Beer Professionals and Sector Specialists
- Accredited by CPD, RoSPA and iirsm
- Approximate duration: 20 hours
This Certificate in Bar Management is accessed through a dedicated learner portal and you will be provided the easy to use login details. The programme consists of 8 individual courses which are all fully accredited by leading bodies. The courses are divided into modules with a short quiz at the end of each to test your knowledge. For each course, once you have progressed through each of the modules you can access a quiz which consists of 20 multiple choice questions based on the material that you have studied.
Once you have passed the courses you can download your course certificates in PDF from your learner area. If you don't pass the course first time, don't worry, you can resit the test as many times as required. On completion of all the courses, you will be supplied a Certificate in Bar Management.
The Programme will take approximately 20 hours to complete. As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages.
The courses within this programme are fully accredited by CPD, RoSPA and/or iirsm. You will be able to instantly download and print your certificates as soon as you successfully complete the individual courses. These qualifications are universally accepted by all employers
We are dedicated to helping you succeed. Our courses include dedicated tutor support and they are available to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the courses. Remember: your success is our success!
Who is this course for?
This Programme is for Bar Managers and for Professionals who's next career step is into management. If you already work in a bar, this course will provide the knowledge to take your career to a different level.
You need to have experience within the bar trade or qualifications at Level 2 to be able to pass this Certificate in Bar Management.
Warning: This programme will seriously improve your career!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Isabelle Grossman asked:
Hi, where do I find the course level 2 in bar management?
Isabelle, we do the Level 2 at the Certificate in Bar Excellence Level. The Management Level is at Level 3.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.