Add to basket or enquire
In an increasingly diverse and inclusive world, possessing the knowledge and skills to navigate Deaf awareness culture and communication is a valuable asset that can propel your career to new heights. Enrol in the Deaf Awareness course and open doors to enhanced job prospects, expanded horizons, and the ability to connect with a broader range of individuals. Embrace this opportunity to not only enrich your understanding of Deaf awareness but also to enhance your job life with newfound skills and perspectives.
After completing this Deaf awareness course, you are expected to -
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Deaf awareness and its significance.
- Explore the vibrant Deaf community and gain insights into its culture.
- Discover the causes of deafness and stay up-to-date with auditory innovations.
- Gain knowledge on the various approaches to Deaf awareness education.
- Acquire basic skills in British Sign Language (BSL) to enhance your Deaf awareness.
- Understand the social context and importance of BSL in fostering inclusivity and Deaf awareness.
Embark on an enlightening exploration of the modules that compose the Deaf Awareness course. Starting with an Introduction to Deaf Awareness, you will be immersed in the rich tapestry of Deaf culture, learning about its unique language, values, and community dynamics. Delving into the causes of deafness and auditory innovations, you will stay informed about the advancements shaping the lives of Deaf individuals.
The module on Deaf Education will provide insights into the various approaches and strategies employed to support Deaf learners in educational settings. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to learn British Sign Language (BSL), a visual-gestural language that fosters communication and inclusion within the Deaf community and increase your Deaf awareness.
Lastly, we will delve into the social context of BSL, exploring its significance in promoting accessibility, Deaf awareness, breaking down communication barriers, and fostering greater understanding between the Deaf and hearing worlds.
Upon completion of the course, learners can obtain a certificate as proof of their achievement. You can receive a £4.99 PDF Certificate sent via email, a £9.99 Printed Hardcopy Certificate for delivery in the UK, or a £19.99 Printed Hardcopy Certificate for international delivery. Each option depends on individual preferences and locations.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals who wish to gain a deeper understanding of Deaf culture and communication.
- Educators, professionals, and students in fields related to education, social work, or healthcare.
- Parents or family members of Deaf individuals seeking to enhance their knowledge and support.
- Individuals interested in learning British Sign Language (BSL) as a valuable communication skill.
Here are some potential paths, along with their respective salary ranges in the UK:
- Sign Language Interpreter: £20,000 - £40,000 per year
- Deaf awareness Specialist: £25,000 - £45,000 per year
- Deaf Community Support Worker: £18,000 - £28,000 per year
- Audiologist: £25,000 - £45,000 per year
- Deaf Awareness Trainer: £22,000 - £35,000 per year
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.