Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
If you want to get a deep insight into this topic and start a career in this sector then this award-winning and best-selling Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer course is the perfect choice for you.
You can study at your own pace and get accredited in just 2 hours. This Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer course is designed for both part-time and full-time students.
Tons of learners around the UK have taken this course to boost their knowledge and skill to work in the related field. This Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer course is developed by industry experts and is packed with several information-rich modules to give you a proper understanding of this topic and accelerate your career.
You'll get a Free Student ID card by enrolling in this Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer course. This ID card entitles you to discounts on bus tickets, movie tickets, and library cards.
Expert tutor support and 24/7 customer support are what you’re going to get with this premium quality Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer course. You will get help and answers to all your queries throughout the comprehensive syllabus of this Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer.
You or your employer can easily verify your qualification by checking the validity of your certificate from our dedicated website.
Key Topics to Be Covered In This Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer Course
- The different types of urinary tract infections (UTIs) and their symptoms
- Understanding the risks of catheterisation
- What is a urinary catheter and how is it inserted?
- An overview of the types of urinary catheters
- When is catheterisation required?
- The process for removing a urinary catheter
- An in-depth introduction to the urinary system
- An overview of clinical terms and their uses
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of how the urinary system functions
- Understand the different types of urinary diseases and incontinence
- Identify the many reasons why a person might need catheterisation
- Familiarise with each of the steps of the catheterisation process
- Learn about the tools required for catheterisation and how to use them correctly
- Understand the risks of catheterisation and health & safety best practice procedures
- Determine how long a patient will need to have a catheter and when is safe to remove it
- Understand the main symptoms of catheter-associated UTI
This Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer is designed by industry experts and will give you a thorough understanding of this topic. Our courses are designed with easy to understand modules that break down each topic and gives our learners proper training on the subject.
If you want to work in this sector and stand out from the rest of the competition, then our Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer is the perfect place to start.
We guarantee that you will gain relevant skill and will gain tremendous knowledge on the subject. And the professional qualifications that you achieve after completing the course will help you greatly in procuring a job in the relevant field.
Enjoy a pleasant learning experience with the Academy for Health & Fitness. Enrol in our Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer Today!
Skills You Will Gain
- General clinical skills, i.e. catheterisation
- Health & safety in a clinical setting
- Risk management
- knowledge of the functions of the urinary system
Here is a curriculum breakdown of the Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer:
Module 1: Introduction to Urinary Catheterisation
- Why Urinary Catheters are Used
- Types of Urinary Catheter
- Risks of Catheterisation
- Other Risks
Module 2: The Urinary System
- The Female Urinary System
- The Male Urinary System
- How do the Kidneys and Urinary Systems Work?
- Facts About Urine
Module 3: Patients’ Guide for Catheterisation
- Questions about Catheterisation
- Leg Bags
- Questions about Leg Bags
- Questions about Night Bags
- Questions about Catheter Valves
Module 4: Guidance for Nursing and Care Staff
- Assessing the Need
- Who Can Catheterise?
- Indications/Need for Catheterisation
- Catheter Selection
- Catheter Insertion
- Drainage Bags
- Catheter Care
- Catheter Maintenance Solutions
- Suprapubic Catheters
- Catheter Troubleshooting
Module 5: Protocol for Female Catheterisation
- Equipment Required
- Before Starting the Procedure
Module 6: Protocol for Male Catheterisation
- Equipment Required
- Before Starting the Procedure
Module 7: Protocol for Handling Catheter & Catheter Bags
- Protocol for Removing a Catheter
- Protocol for Emptying a Catheter Bag
- Protocol for Collection of a Catheter Specimen of Urine (CSU)
- Protocol for the Care and Management of Indwelling Catheter
Once you have completed all the modules in the Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment, after which you will receive instant results.
Show off Your New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
The learners have to successfully complete the assessment of this Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer course to achieve the CPD & IAO accredited certificate. Digital certificates can be ordered for only £10. The learner can purchase printed hard copies inside the UK for £29, and international students can purchase printed hard copies for £39.
Who is this course for?
Is This Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer Course Right for You?
This Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer course is ideal for anyone who’s interested in this topic and wants to learn more about it. This Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer will help you get a strong understanding of the core concepts and will allow you to gain in-depth knowledge of the subject matter.
This course is suitable for everyone. There are no specific entry requirements and you can access the course materials from anywhere in the world.
This Catheterisation Training for Nurse/Carer course will help you to kickstart or take your career in the relevant sector to the next level. It will help you achieve a position of respect and dignity and you will be able to get ahead of the competition.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.