Add to basket or enquire
Help young people thrive. From safeguarding, to diet, to the vital value of play – we’re here to guide you through the fundamentals of caring for children. You’ll be able to support them to thrive and instill valuable life skills that ensure their healthy development.
Join 40,000 learners who have upskilled with Strive Training!
- This is a fully-funded course - Anyone aged 19 or over who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years (eligibility applies)
- Nationally accredited qualification
- Takes on average 5 - 10 weeks
- Engaging online learning
- Learn at your own pace
- Expert 1-to-1 support - Ongoing personal guidance from expert assessors
- Employment support - Benefit from our network of top employers who are looking to hire
Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring Children & Young People
- Course Content - download
This qualification will give you an introductory understanding of childcare through exploring young children’s development, the value and importance of play, how to plan a healthy diet and the importance of safeguarding and welfare.
Course Length: On average, this course is completed within 5 – 10 weeks. But the more time you dedicate, the sooner you can complete it. The pace of the learning is up to you.
Free Course for: Anyone aged 19 or over who is unemployed (and in receipt of benefits) and has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years.
Certified Awarding Body: NCFE
What you'll learn:
1. Young children’s development
This unit will explore the stages of development of young children from birth to three years. Alongside this, you will learn about how positive environments support the development of young children.
2. The value of play to young children
Within this unit you will learn about the necessity of play to young children’s development as well as demonstrating different play activities suitable for young children from birth to five years old.
3. Importance of play for early learning
This unit will take you through the vital importance of creativity and imagination in the development of a child. You will learn about how to organise a cooking activity for children as well as the particular importance of books and stories in child development.
4. Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
This unit examines legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people (including e-safety). You will look at what action to take when children or young people are injured or ill and when complete, you will be able to recognise emergency procedures as well as how to respond to suspicions that a child or young people has been abused, harmed or bullied.
5. Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
This unit will help you to build an understanding of how to make healthy and nutritional food choices for children. You will develop knowledge of food labels and what to look out for to ensure that children are given a balanced diet.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is 100% government funded if:
- Are unemployed in receipt of benefit (Subject to eligibility)
- On the 31st of August 2019, you were aged 19 or over
- You must currently live in England. However, anyone living in the following areas is not eligible for funding: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley, West Midlands and West of England
- You have lived in the European Union for the last 3 years (unless you have have been given a special Visa/Residence permits that gives you the permanent right to remain)
- Can provide Identifications and relevant documentation as required
- If on the 31st of August 2019, you were aged between 19-23, you need to have gained a full level 2 qualification
- Access to PC/laptop
- Must be able to commit to at least 3 hours of learning per day
- Teaching Assistant
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Youth Support Worker
- Nursery Worker
- Childcare Assistant
- Healthcare Assistant
- Children’s Wellbeing Practitioner