The Carer's Awareness training is designed to help you understand the needs of carers. It has been produced as a number of separate sections, each of which deals with a particular element of understanding or supporting carers.
There are seven short modules that will cover the following learning outcomes:
Module 1: Who Is a Carer?
- Identifying a Carer
- The profile of a carer
Module 2: What's It Like to Be a Carer?
- Case study of what it is like to be a carer
Module 3: The Impact of Caring
- The impact of caring
Module 4: Carer's Needs
- Exploring the needs of carers
Module 5: Legislation
- The 4 key legislations affecting carers
Module 6: The National Carer Strategy
- The National Carer Strategy
Module 7: Work and Caring
- Carers at work
- Implications of an aging population
- Carer's rights
- Why paid work is important
Module 8: Key Contacts for Carers
- The key contacts for carers
Module 9: Review
One of the leading training providers offering CPD Accredited and Certificated online training courses following the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
- Accredited by The Continuous Professional Development Standards Office
- An accredited certificate is awarded upon completion which enables you to obtain certified CPD hours
- The online nature of the courses means that they are cheaper, but do not compromise the quality
- The test will be multiple choice. You can retake the test at no extra cost to improve your grade
- The learning can be viewed after the test for future reference
- The courses come complete with both online “classroom” style training and downloadable documentation to aid your learning
- You have 12 months in which to complete the course
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain in our system for your future reference.
- You are able to access training courses on a desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device
- The average course takes 1 hour
- The module can be used as Induction, Awareness, Refresher and Foundation Training
- The course will assist in remaining compliant, getting a job, starting a career or to expand your current learning and development.
The courses are accessible for everyone so even the busiest worker or manager will be able to fit some learning into their lifestyle. This is especially useful for those doing shift work and uneven work patterns so unable to commit to a regular training course.
Who is this course for?
NHS and independent healthcare providers, bank staff and agency workers, and educational organisations including:
- Individuals who want to gain an awareness and increase knowledge
- Care Assistants (HCA)
- Non-Clinical Persons
- Support Workers
- Adult Social Care Workers
- Residential Home Staff
- Nursing Home Staff
- Nurses including Practice, Adult, Registered & Clinical
- Domiciliary Care Workers
- Home Care Workers
- Clinical Support Workers
- Community Healthcare Workers
- Agency Workers
- Bank and Temporary Nurses
- Bank and Temporary Carers
Our courses utilise a responsive design making it available on your desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile Device. We recommend using the Google Chrome Browser.
Nurtured Care Skills provides continuing professional development (CPD) interactive accredited training courses online for both individuals and businesses, allowing you to obtain certified CPD hours.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.