The Care Certificate is an identified set of standards for Health Care Assistants, Assistant Practitioners, Care Support Workers and those giving support to clinical roles in the NHS where there is any direct contact with patients. Designed for persons new in to care, with the non-regulated workforce in mind, the Care Certificate gives everyone the confidence that workers have the same introductory skills, knowledge and behaviours to provide compassionate, safe and high quality care and support.
The Care Certificate is based on 15 standards, all of which individuals need to complete in full before they can be awarded their certificate:
- Understand your role
- Your personal development
- Duty of care
- Equality and diversity
- Work in a person centred way
- Privacy and dignity
- Fluids and nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disability
- Safeguarding adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Basic Life Support
- Health and Safety
- Handling information
- Infection prevention and control
Each standard is underpinned by full learning outcomes and assessment criteria.
Who Should Undertake the Care Certificate?
Health Care Assistants, Assistant Practitioners, Care Support Workers and those giving support to clinical roles in the NHS where there is any direct contact with patients. Care Support Workers means Adult Social Care workers giving direct care in residential and nursing homes and hospices, home care workers and domiciliary care staff. These staff are referred to collectively as Healthcare Support Workers (HCSW)/ Adult Social Care Workers (ASCW) in this document. Other rolesmay be included where achievement of allof the standards is possible.As some of these roles would be very different in health and social care it is up to the employer to decide whether the Care Certificate is appropriate. However, to be awarded the Care Certificate the person must meet all of the outcomes and assessment requirementsfor all 15 standards.
The Care Certificate is the shared health and social care training, which must be completed and assessed, before new HCSW/ASCWs can practice without direct supervision. This may be done in a phased approach, as each HCSW/ASCW meets an individual standard their supervisor may allow them to practice with indirect or remote supervision against that standard.
The assessment of the Care Certificate should be as rigorous as the assessment of any formal qualification. Documentation of assessment and evidence of practice is the responsibility of the HCSW/ASCW and their employer. The evidence is to be recorded in the workbooks provided with this course. This document will be used in gathering evidence for the Care Certificate and in terms of portability can be used as evidence when changing roles or moving between employers.
HL Services is one of the leading training providers offering CPD Accredited and Certificated online training courses following the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
- Accredited by The Continuous Professional Development Standards Office – Provider Number 60006
- An accredited certificate is awarded upon completion which enable you to obtain certified CPD hours
- The courses are for nurses, midwives, health care professionals, carers and support workers. All persons can enrol on this course
- The course will count towards CPD hours for the process of revalidation for midwives and nurses.
- The online nature of the courses means that they are cheaper, but do not compromise the quality
- We take pride in our customer service, offering dedicated Tutor Support via email, online messenger and telephone
- The test will be multiple choice. You can retake the test at no extra cost to improve your grade
- The learning can be viewed after the test for future reference
- The courses come complete with both online “class room” style training and downloadable documentation to aid your learning
- You have 12 months in which to complete the course
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system for your future reference.
- You are able to access training courses on a desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device
- The average course takes 1 hour per module
- The module can be used as Induction, Awareness, Refresher and Foundation Training
- The course will assist in remaining compliant, getting a job, starting a career or to expand on your current learning and development.
The courses are accessible for everyone so even the busiest worker or manager will be able to fit some learning in to their lifestyle. This is especially useful for those doing shift work and uneven work patterns so unable to commit to a regular training course.
Who is this course for?
The Care Certificate is an identified set of standards for Health Care Assistants, Assistant Practitioners, Care Support Workers and those giving support to clinical roles in the NHS where there is any direct contact with patients. Designed for persons new in to care
Desktop, Laptop, Tablet or Mobile Device
Accredited Training Certificate which enable you to obtain certified CPD hours
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Please inform which course should I initially take to get into care. I am confused as you have two similar content 'Care' courses at £30 and £99.
Dear Panos The more comprehensive course is better. The more courses the better if you want to get into care.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Wanting to get into care, should I take this course at £99 or the other Care course full package first at £30. I want to prevent an overlap in content
Dear Panos We would recommend taking the more comprehensive course if you are looking at getting into care.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this online course available to international students offshore?
Dear Kristina Yes these courses are all available to international students.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.