International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Fix your own car by learning all you need to know about car maintenance and get a certificate to prove it! Your tyre's flat, can you change it? Do you know if your brakes are safe? Or that you've enough oil?
Learning basic car maintenance will ensure your car is safe to drive and it will save you loads of money on garage bills.
Empower yourself by handling simple car repairs and maintenance yourself.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
- 60-Day access - Study at your own pace
- Internationally-recognised CPD accredited course
- Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
- Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
Anyone who drives a car, particularly if they need their car for work, should know how to carry out basic vehicle repairs. Our Car Maintenance online course enables you to keep your car on the road by carrying out your own repairs.
You won’t need to wait for the garage to open or for the mechanic to call. And you’ll save on those hefty call-out charges and repair bills. Cars are expensive to run, so it’d be great to stop shelling out money for repairs you could do yourself. This online DIY Car Maintenance course is designed to hand you the tools you need to keep your engine purring and your car looking good. Keeping your car in tip-top condition can prolong the life of your vehicle too.
Ready to start saving on your garage bills? Sign up for our online Car Maintenance course now - it’s like having a pocket-sized mobile mechanic in your phone or laptop!
No longer will you be at the whim of your local garage or mechanic for things like:
- changing the oil
- replacing headlights
- putting in new windscreen wipers
- changing tyres
- inspecting brakes and brake fluid
- replacing fuses and spark plugs
- charging a battery
By understanding what’s under the bonnet, you can carry out checks and repairs to keep your car on the road and save money.
What to know another great thing about our Car Maintenance course? You can keep it forever and it’s 100% online. That means you can take your laptop or tablet with you to your car and follow the instructions in the course while carrying out your repairs.
Enrol in the Car Maintenance course today. Start taking control of your car, and keep it performing perfectly without spending a fortune. Fix minor problems before they become expensive major headaches.
How is the Car Maintenance course assessed?
There is a short multiple choice exam at the end of each module for you to take and you’ll know your score immediately.
By studying Car Maintenance online with IOA, you do not pay an extra fee for sitting an exam or have to wait for a set date to sit an exam.
Will I get a certificate?
Yes, those who successfully complete the exams will be awarded the PDF Car Maintenance Certificate. (Already included in price)
You can also get the hardcopy ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
Car Maintenance Course Syllabus
Module 1: Getting Started And Staying Safe
- What is under the bonnet?
- What you need in your toolbox
- Preparing to work
- Basic safety techniques
- Clean up and disposal
Module 2: Basic Maintenance
- Changing a tyre
- Checking and changing the oil
- Installing windshield wipers
- Replacing headlights
- Small bodywork
Module 3: More Advanced Maintenance
- How to change your filters
- Checking your transmission fluid
- Heating and cooling systems
- Checking, changing, and charging a battery
- Replacing fuses and spark plugs
Module 4: Brake Maintenance
- Troubleshooting brake problems
- How to check and inspect your brakes
- How to check and change your brake fluid
- How to check your wheel bearings
Module 5: Other Maintenance You Can Do Yourself
- Replacing belts
- Fixing leaks
- Paint touch-ups
- Adding amenities to the car
- Keeping your car beautiful
Who is this course for?
- Everyone who owns or drives a car will benefit from knowing what to do when something goes wrong
- People who rely on their car for a living, such as a taxi driver or nurse on callout, should know how to fix repairs or what to do in an emergency
- Anyone who works with cars or is thinking about becoming a mechanic who wants to know basic car maintenance first
- People who want to save money by knowing how to carry out basic car maintenance and repairs
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
After completing this course, you could:
- Further explore a career in the auto industry or as a mechanic
- Enhance your chances of getting employment in and around cars, such as in a car showroom or garage
- Help family and friends with their cars
- Ensure that your car is safe and well maintained
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Are there any age restrictions to this course?
There is no age-restriction to take our Car Maintenance course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Mark garvan asked:
Do i get a ceradicate at the end. And is the price all I pay?
Yes, you will receive a PDF certificate upon successful course completion. This is a certificate of completion stating the course taken. It can be used as a proof of study for employment and it is included in the course price. You will also be eligible to order the ICOES Hard Copy certificate (a verification, printing and postage fee will apply).This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Brendon Davis asked:
Is this course completely online
Yes, our courses are fully online. You will have access to your Virtual Campus account any time, day or night so you will be able to complete the course at your own pace. There are no time restrictions to complete the course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.