Add to basket or enquire
Owning/driving a car without basic knowledge of car maintenance (changing flat tyres, checking brakes etc.) can lead to unnecessary repair bills and critical situations where a mechanic isn’t available. To make you self-sufficient on car maintenance, we’ve developed this course which can train practically anyone and everyone.
Our car maintenance course will teach you how to choose & buy a car along with detailed training on general car maintenance, engine oil, cooling system, fuel system, or just anything related to maintaining cars — you name it! Enrol today in this certification training and start saving a fortune on car maintenance. This will be your standalone friend & guide to handling car maintenance and basic repair — both on the road and at your home.
*** Additional Car Repair Manuals Included for FREE with this Car Maintenance Course ***
Learning Outcomes of This Car Maintenance Course
- Getting introduced to certain tools and instruments required for car maintenance
- Learning about automotive maintenance safety and standard safety measures for car maintenance
- Getting to know details on Brake Fluid, Engine Oil, Coolant, Air Filters, Belts and Hoses etc.
- Fundamental idea on dashboard indicator lights and warnings
- Learning all about tyre specification, checking tyre pressure, and how to change a tyre
- Understanding thoroughly how carburettor, fuel injection system and filters work
- Gaining information on different brake types and inspection as part of car maintenance procedures
- Comprehensive understanding of the electrical system of a car, including recharging batteries, spark plug gap and many more fundamentals of car maintenance
Benefits of studying the Car Maintenance Course with Janets include —
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion of the Car Maintenance course.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills in car maintenance and better-earning potential.
The Car Maintenance course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
Car Maintenance Course has been designed with the following modules:
****Car Maintenance Course - CPD Certified****
Module 1: Safety Rules & Introduction to Tools
- Automotive Maintenance Safety
- Tools of the Mechanic
- Safety Rules and Emergency Response
Module 2: General Maintenance for Car Mechanics
- Brake Fluid, Engine Oil, Coolant etc.
- Fuses, Belts and Hoses
- Vehicle Lighting and Air Filters
Module 3: Dashboard Indicator Lights
- General Indicators
- Warning Indicator Lights
- Informational Indicator Lights
Module 4: Tires
- Tire Specifications and Wheel Alignment
- Checking Tire Pressure
- Changing a Tire
Module 5: Internal Combustion Engines & Engine Oil
- Combustion Engines
- Engine Oil
Module 6: The Cooling System
- Cooling System Maintenance
- Coolant Changing
- Flushing Cooling System
Module 7: The Fuel System
- Carburettor Basics
- Fuel Injection System
- Fuel Filter and Air Filter
Module 8: The Electrical System
- Recharging Battery
- Ignition System
- Spark Plug Gap
- Starting a Vehicle with Failed Battery
Module 9: The Drive Train
- Manual & Automatic Transmission
- Transmission Fluids
- Lubricants to Use
- Front Rear and Four Wheel Drive
Module 10: Brakes
- Brake Types
- Checking the Brake System
- Hardware Inspection
Module 11: Buying a Car
- Auto Dealerships
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion PDF certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of £9.99.
Who is this course for?
Car Maintenance Course is suitable for anyone who wants to gain extensive knowledge, potential experience and professional skills in the related field. This is a great opportunity for all student from any academic backgrounds to learn more on this subject.
There is no specific requirements for our Car Maintenance Course. It is compatible and accessible from any device including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Tablets etc. The course requires moderate Internet connection so it is possible to start learning with any type of Internet from anywhere at any time without any limitations.
Training offered by the Car Maintenance could potentially benefit a range of roles, but would particularly enhance careers in
- Auto Repairman
- Car Mechanic
- Automotive Maintenance Technician
- Maintenance Assistant
- Vehicle Technician
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Do you attend to classroom
Dear Mohbub, Thanks for the question. All of our courses are online, including the exams. Therefore, you don't need to attend any classes. It's a self-paced online course and you will have a one-year access to the course after purchasing. You can complete the course anytime within a year. Regards, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, if you don't pass the exam first time are you able to take it again?
Hello Rebecca, The exams are included with the course. You can take the mock exams three times and the final exam one time. If you fail in the final, you take it again by paying a very little amount of fee. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Where is the exam center?
Dear Anthony, Thanks for your question. All our courses are online including the exams as well. Therefore, you don't need to go to any center for the exam. Exams are included with the course, so you can take the exams at your convenient times. Thanks, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.