Add to basket or enquire
Owning and running a car can be an expensive business. Learning how to do basic car maintenance and repairs at home can prevent the hassle of booking mechanic appointments and save you a significant amount of money. Keep your car safe and roadworthy all while avoiding unnecessary expense.
In addition, this course will prepare learner drivers with everything they need to pass both their theory and practical driving tests. After spending countless hours and lots of money on driving lessons, this course will help ensure that you pass your driving test first time and get on the road as soon as possible. Then you can make full use of your newfound car maintenance knowledge to care for your first car and get on the road!
Students Who Complete the Car Maintenance & Driving Test Training Course Will Be Able To:
- Identify the dashboard indicator lights in your car and understand what they mean.
- Know how to deal with common car problems that occur with elements like the brakes, tyres, and cooling system.
- Buy a new car with confidence and know what to look for before you agree to buy.
- Feel prepared for the current driving test, including the theory and practical elements.
- Know the rules for pedestrians, users of powered wheelchairs, and mobility scooters.
- Feel confident in dealing with adverse weather conditions while driving.
- Identify the various signs, signals, and road marking on roads in the UK.
- Know how to deal with car breakdowns and vehicle malfunctions.
Why choose this course
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Full Tutor Support on Weekdays
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
********** Course Modules***********
***Car Maintenance & Driving Test Training***
**Car Maintenance Section**
Module 1: Safety Rules & Introduction to Tools
- Introduction to Safety and Maintenance
Module 2: General Maintenance for Car Mechanics
- General Maintenance
Module 3: Dashboard Indicator Lights
- Dashboard Indicator Lights
Module 4: Tyres
Module 5: Internal Combustion Engines & Engine Oil
- The Internal Combustion Engine
Module 6: The Cooling System
- The Cooling System
Module 7: The Fuel System
- The Fuel System
Module 8: The Electrical System
- The Electrical System
Module 9: The Drive Train
- The Drive Train
Module 10: Brakes
Module 11: Buying a Car
- Buying a Car
**Driving Test Preparation Section**
Module 01: Driving Test
- The Current Test
- Theory Test
- Practical Test
- Eyesight Test
- Vehicle Safety Questions
- Controlled Stop
- General Driving
- Independent Driving
Module 02: Rules for Pedestrians and Users of Powered Wheelchairs and Mobility Scooters
- Rules for Pedestrians
- Rules for Users of Powered Wheelchairs and Mobility Scooters
Module 03: General Rules, Techniques and Advice for All Drivers and Riders
- Lighting Requirements
- Control of The Vehicle
- The Driver and the Environment
- Lines and Lane Markings on the Road
- Mobile Phones and In-Vehicle Technology
- Driving in Built-Up Areas
- Vehicles Prohibited from Using Roads and Pavements
Module 04: Rules for Drivers and Motorcyclists
- Vehicle Condition
- Vehicle Towing and Loading
- Seat Belts and Child Restraints
- Motorcycle Licence Requirements
- Moped Licence Requirements
- Motor Vehicle Documentation and Learner Driver Requirements
- Learner Drivers
Module 05: Driving in Adverse Weather Conditions
- Wet Weather
- Icy and Snowy Weather
- Windy Weather
- Hot Weather
- Road Users Requiring Extra Care
- Motorcyclists and Cyclists
- Other Road Users
- Other Vehicles
Module 06: Signs, Signals and Road Markings
- Direction Signs on Roads and Motorways
- Signals by Authorised Persons
- Signals to Other Road Users
- Vehicle Markings
Module 07: Maintenance, Breakdowns and Other Incidents
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Vehicle Security
- First Aid on The Road
- Breakdowns and Incidents
Module 08: Using the Road and Parking
- Using the Road
- Large Vehicles
- Waiting and Parking
Module 09: DSA Practical Driving Test
- DSA Practical Driving Test
- Documents You Must Bring to Your Practical Driving Test
- Who Has to Take a Practical Driving Test?
- Eco-Efficient Driving
- Hire Cars
- Vehicles You Can’t Use
- Known Safety Faults
- Cancelled or Stopped Tests and Bad Weather
- Candidate Impersonation
Module 10: Preparation for the Test
- Preparation for the Test
- Special Circumstances
Module 11: Day of the Test
- The Test
- Useful Information
- Common Faults Contributing to Test Failure
Module 12: Your Test Result
- Further Learner Permit
Module 13: Things to Remember
- Did You Know?
- BE (Car and Trailer) Tests
- Truck Tests (Categories C and CE)
- What Happens If We Cannot Conduct Your Test on the Day?
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion PDF certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of £9.99.
Who is this course for?
Whether you're an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Car Maintenance & Driving Test Training course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and a professional qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Car Maintenance & Driving Test Training is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.