Add to basket or enquire
Wobbly, bumpy, unstable cakes can often be a problem for many people, but learning a few simple tips and tricks would make all the difference. In this cake filling course, you will discover a professional, step-by-step guideline on how to create cake fillings of different textures as well as flavours.
Learn how to avoid the common mistakes that can make cakes slide around or wobble. Explore great ideas, recipes and all the supplies you will need to fill cakes correctly and effortlessly.
This course is led by an experienced instructor, who will walk you through every detail you need to know about cake filling, including different techniques of cake filling and ideas for adding flavour and interest to your cakes.
Highlights of the Cake Fillings Course :
- Learn about making a wide variety of fillings for your cakes
- Explore essential kitchen techniques like separating eggs, weighing with a digital scale, and proper knife handling
- Discover tips and tricks for making exciting flavour and texture combinations
- Learn how to prepare fruit puree without any special or expensive equipment
- Broaden your understanding of the use of chocolate and how it can make your fillings extraordinary
- Essential advice for handling and storing different types of cake fillings
- Plenty of downloadable guides and recipes for perfectly filled cakes
- Learn different ways of filling cakes, understand different types of thickeners and the role they play in making fillings
We’ve taken this comprehensive Cake Fillings Course and broken it down into 51 manageable units which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of this skills. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This course is designed with the following modules:
- A Lesson in Chocolate
- Introduction to Equipment
- Equipment Checklist
- A Variety of Flavor
- Mise en Place
- Welcome to Thickeners
- A Guide to Using Gelatin
- Eggs as Thickeners
- A Guide to Eggs in Cake Fillings
- Starch Thickeners
- A Guide to Starch Thickeners
- Get Started with Fruit Fillings
- Apple Compote Method
- Compote Guide
- Blackberry ClearJel Method
- Instant ClearJel Guide
- Curd Overview
- Lemon Rosemary Curd Method
- Curd Guide
- Pastry Cream Introduction
- Basic Pastry Cream Method
- Chocolate Pastry Cream Method
- Mousseline Cream Method
- Diplomat Cream Method
- Pastry Cream Guide
- Cremeux Overview
- Dark Chocolate Cremeux Method
- How to Make Fruit Puree
- Strawberry Basil Cremeux Method
- Cremeux Guide
- An Introduction to Mousse
- Peanut Butter Mousse Method
- Mousse Guide
- Welcome to Caramel
- Caramel Method
- Caramel Recipe
- Crunchy Fillings Introduction
- Praline Pecan Method
- Chocolate Streusel Method
- Crunchy Fillings Recipes
- Even More Fillings
- German Chocolate Filling Method
- Vegan Chocolate Ganache Method
- Sugar Free Whipped Filling Method
- Extra Filling Recipes
How to Fill a Cake
- Option 1
- Option 2
- Option 3
- Thank You!
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised certificate and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Who is this course for?
This cake filling course is ideal for bakers and cake decorators, including anyone who would like to learn a broad range of fillings to complete their favourite desserts. This course is also perfect for anyone who needs to build up their cake filling skills in the quickest possible time. There are no learning requirements or formal degrees necessary to begin this course, and it can be studied on a full-time or part-time basis.
Upon successful completion, learners will be equipped with all the essential knowledge and skills to turn plain cakes into an elegant and luscious presentation by adding a wide variety of fillings and flavours.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.