Learn to decorate and bake the cake like a professional Chef with the Cake Decorating Masterclass course.
The course is designed for the people who want to make and prepare the awesome cake. The course not only provides the essential baking tips but also presents the techniques of perfect decoration. The course provides the essential areas that you need to know for baking a cake. Then you will explore the cake decoration tools such as the spatula, sharp knife/X-Acto blade, bench scraper, cake boards/drums, and more. The procedures of frosting, icing, making fondant, everything will be discussed in the course. Instead of these, the course teaches you some of the basic cake decoration ideas such as birthday cake decoration, wedding cake decoration, baby shower cake decoration, and more. Shortly, the purpose of the course is to equip you with the essential baking tips, decorating tricks, and popular recipes.
By the end of the course, you will be able to decorate your cake nicely. You will also be confident enough to work professionally or able to start your cake business.
The course is broken into different modules where each module will further divide into several sub-modules. At first, you will learn about the basics of cake baking and decoration. Then, the course shows you the detailed process of cake decoration covering the strategies of applying to ice, making fondant, and more. Finally, the last module teaches you how to apply to frost and make different types of cake decoration.
Key features of the course:
- Lifetime access to the course
- No hidden fees, only pay the price of the course which includes exam fees.
- Recognised qualification upon successful completion of the course
- Study from anywhere, anytime, whenever it is convenient for you.
- Affordable and engaging e-learning study materials
- Study at your own pace from tablet, PC or smartphone
- Online tutor support when you are in need.
What Will You Learn?:
- A general introduction and history of cake decoration and baking ideas.
- Explore the popular methods of cake decoration.
- You will learn the procedures for baking a cake.
- Explore the procedures of different types of cake decorating including birthday cake decorating, wedding cake decorating, occasional cake decorating, baby showers cake decorating, and more.
- The course also provides an extensive discussion on the common cake decorating tools and supplies.
- Know how to decorate a cake.
- Learn the strategies for icing the cake.
- Understand the procedures of frosting the cake.
- You will know about the equipment for decorating a cake.
- Boarders and decoration ideas will be presented to you.
- Master the strategies of creating leaves, flowers, lettering and using other effects in your cake.
- The course shows you the procedures of frosting a cake.
- Know how to decorate layer cakes.
- The course provides a great number of frosting recipe collections.
- The techniques of cutting and wrapping the board will be discussed in the course.
- Learn to make ganache or a whipped filling of chocolate and cream cake.
- Explore the methods of figure piping.
- You will learn how to make fondant and Gum Paste.
- Understand the difference between Fondant and Gum Paste. Like fondant, gum paste is pliable dough. However, instead of gelatin, it is made using egg whites, confectioners' sugar, and shortening.
- Explore some of the classic recipes of cake decoration.
Module 1: Baking and Decorating Basics
- Introduction and History
- Popular Methods of Cake Decorating
- Baking a Cake
- Making Alternative Cakes
- Cake Decorating
- Birthday Cake Decorating
- Different Cake Decorating
- Wedding Cake Decorating
- Occasional Cake Decorating
- Wedding and Baby Showers Cake
- Common Cake Decorating Supplies
- Learning to Decorate Cakes
- Icing the Cake
Module 2: Cake Decorating
- The Cake
- Frosting The Cake
- Borders & Decorations
- Leaves And Flowers
- Special Effects
Module 3: Frosting Cakes
- Frosting Perfection: Insider’s Guide
- Frosting For Beginners
- ICING THE CAKE
- My Personal Favorites
- Layer Cake Decoration
- Frosting Recipe Collection
- Cake Decoration: Writing
- Conclusion: Final Words
- Frosting Recipes: Advanced Collection
- Cutting And Wrapping The Board
- Working With Marzipan
- Working With Ganache
- Gum Paste 101
- Figure Piping
- Private Swipe File Of Classic Recipes
Assessment and Certification
The course is assessed online with a multiple-choice test, which is marked automatically. You will know instantly whether you have passed or not. Those who pass this test will have the qualification of Cake Decorating Masterclass. Certificate will be produced in PDF format at an additional cost and sent by email.
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.