South London College
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now Enquire for business
Enquiring for your team?
Get in touch with the course provider to understand what training they can offer you.
To our learners
The Corona Virus (COVID-19) outbreak is one of the most potent threats that is endangering human lives every moment. We are indebted to the healthcare workers battling the disease on the front lines with complete self-sacrifice for our wellbeing.
The CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities is designed to help you acquire the skills and knowledge to work with children and adults who have learning disabilities. Even if you are new to the field, taking this course will give you the opportunity to enhance your understanding of the subject. If you are already employed in this role, you can further enhance your knowledge. The course will discuss a range of topics such as promoting communication and health, supporting families who have children with disabilities and supporting adults with learning disabilities.
You will be introduced to key features through this course, including the legislation and policies of supporting individuals with learning disabilities, learning that individuals with disabilities are entitled to the same rights and understanding the transition to move from childhood to adulthood. You will also learn about the positive behavioural support system, and how to implement it in environments that support individuals with learning disabilities.
The CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities will give you a sound understanding of a person-centered approach and how to use this approach to handle people in your care. It is a comprehensive course that will enhance your career opportunities in the field.
Eligible for TOTUM card - TOTUM is the #1 student discount card and app giving you access to exclusive student deals on food and fashion, tech and travel and everything in between.
You will be Eligible for 14 days immediate access to an Accredited Course from South London College.
- Check the suitability of the course compared to your requirement.
- Free 14 day temporary access to Study materials and more.
- You can upgrade temporary access to fully paid access at the end of or before 14 days.
- Complete your qualification and upgrade your skills to advance your career
- No Commitment. No Credit Card required for the 14 Days access.
- Qualification type: CACHE Level 3 Award
- Qualification title: CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Level: 3
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 122
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 120
- Qualification number (QN): 600/4037/3
Course Curriculum : CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Understanding the context supporting individuals with learning disabilities [K/601/5315]
- Understand positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities [J/601/6293]
- Principles of supporting young people with a disability to make a transition into adulthood [M/601/7227]
- Understand mental well-being and mental health promotion [F/602/0097]
If there are any questions or queries about this programme, you can state here, and we will get a course advisor to contact you as soon as possible.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities uccessfully and gain your professional qualification, all students will be internally assessed using a range of assessment methods. This could include a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
CACHE are continually investing in high quality qualifications for the care and education industry, making them the UK’s leading sector specialist. Developed by experts, CACHE qualifications help millions of learners to raise professional standards across the sector. As a result, CACHE has gained a deserved reputation for excellence and leadership.
NCFE is a National Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
Who is this course for?
- Senior Level Workers
- Managers supporting individuals with learning disabilities
Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 2 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
In order to qualify for the programme, you will need to submit a completed application form which will be provided to you. This form should be provided to us within a month of enrolment, along with the following;
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving license.
Once you successfully completed the CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities, you will gain an accredited qualification that will allow you to progress further in your study in the same field.
- Senior Healthcare Assistant - £17,557 per annum
- Residential Support Worker - £17,916 per annum
- Care Worker - £17,746 per annum
- Healthcare Assistant - £16,300 per annum
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.