The CACHE Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home Based Childcare (QCF) has been developed in collaboration with the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY). This qualification prepares learners to set up a home based childcare setting as a registered childminder.
About this Course
This course is designed for students who wish to be employed in home based childcare settings as child-minding assistants or other home childcares (e.g. nannies, au pairs). It teaches the necessary requirements for setting up a childcare business in a home setting and gives Cache certification which is fully accredited by Ofsted and required by childminders and au pairs in various local authorities.
Study Time:50 hours
Enrolment length:12 months
Entry Requirements:None Specific
Upon completion of this qualification, students are awarded a CACHE Level 3 certificate and an OLC Certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To gain the full CACHE Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare you will need to submit, and pass, 13 tutor marked assignments. There are nine assignments for Unit 1 and four assignments for Unit 2.
There is no formal exam and the certification fee is included in the course fees.
See the CACHE Qualification summary for this course here
See the Ofqual Qualification summary for this course here
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
This course assesses the following criteria:
- Understand current legislation and regulation in relation to home-based childcare
- Understand how to establish a safe and healthy home-based childcare environment for children
- Understand how to support the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Understand how to promote equality, diversity and inclusion
- Understand how day to day care routines promote children’s well-being
- Understand how to work in partnership to support children’s outcomes
- Understand children’s learning and behaviour in relation to sequence, rate and stage of development
- Understand the value of play in promoting children’s learning and development
- Understand the role of observation in promoting children’s learning and development
- Understand how to lead and manage a home-based childcare setting
- Understand how to comply with financial and taxation requirements when setting up a home-based childcare setting
- Understand how to create a business plan
- Understand how to register with the appropriate regulatory body.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with in depth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass 13 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!
Who is this course for?
People looking for a formal qualification and gain the knowledge required to start a childminding business.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.