Online Learning College
Add to basket or enquire
The CACHE Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home Based Childcare (QCF) has been developed in collaboration with the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY). This qualification prepares learners to set up a home based childcare setting as a registered childminder.
Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home Based Childcare (QCF)
About this Course
This course is designed for students who wish to be employed in home based childcare settings as childminding assistants or other home childcarers (e.g. nannies, au pairs). It teaches the necessary requirements for setting up a childcare business in a home setting and gives Cache certification which is fully accredited by Ofsted and required by childminders and au pairs in various local authorities.
Upon completion of this qualification, students are awarded a Cache Level 3 certificate and an OLC Diploma. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To gain the full CACHE Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare you will need to submit, and pass, all of the tutor marked assignments. There are nine assignments for Unit 1 and four assignments for Unit 2.
There is no formal exam and the certification fee is included in the course fees.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and massaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
This course assesses the following criteria:
- Understand current legislation and regulation in relation to home-based childcare
- Understand how to establish a safe and healthy home-based childcare environment for children
- Understand how to support the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Understand how to promote equality, diversity and inclusion
- Understand how day to day care routines promote children’s well-being
- Understand how to work in partnership to support children’s outcomes
- Understand children’s learning and behaviour in relation to sequence, rate and stage of development
- Understand the value of play in promoting children’s learning and development
- Understand the role of observation in promoting children’s learning and development
- Understand how to lead and manage a home-based childcare setting
- Understand how to comply with financial and taxation requirements when setting up a home-based childcare setting
- Understand how to create a business plan
- Understand how to register with the appropriate regulatory body.
This course can be taken over a 4 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass several assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.