South London College
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
To our learners
The Corona Virus (COVID-19) outbreak is one of the most potent threats that is endangering human lives every moment. We are indebted to the healthcare workers battling the disease on the front lines with complete self-sacrifice for our wellbeing.
CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care
The CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care is designed for anyone who wants to work and provide careto people of all ages. This is the perfect course if you want to get certified in health and social care, and expand your career in this field. You will gain a recognised certification that will give you the opportunity to work with patients who require care and assistance. The course is comprehensive and will give you a firm understanding of the role and responsibilities pertaining to a health and social care worker.
You will be introduced to key topics such as safeguarding individuals in a care setting, recognising the signs and symptoms of behaviour that may be cause for concern and protecting the welfare of people in your care. A wide range of issues are discussed through this course, but the main focus is on the care of people by providing a healthy and balanced service.
The CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care will cover areas such as personal development, communication, and health and safety. You will gain the confidence and knowledge through this course to take your career a step further in the right direction.
Eligible for TOTUM card - TOTUM is the #1 student discount card and app giving you access to exclusive student deals on food and fashion, tech and travel and everything in between.
- Qualification type: CACHE Level 3 Award
- Qualification title: CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Level: 3
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 180
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 215
- Qualification number (QN): 601/6108/5
Course Curriculum : CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care
Unit 1 - Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social care
- Understand equality, diversity and rights in health and social care.
- Understand how to work in an inclusive way.
- Understand legislation and codes of practice in relation to inclusive practice in health and social care settings.
- Understand the role of the health and social care practitioner in relation to inclusive practice.
Unit 2 - Human Growth and Development
- Understand the key elements of development across human lifespan.
- Understand theories of human growth and development.
- Understand significant life events within each stage of human development.
Unit 3 - Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Understand safeguarding.
- Understand how to safeguard individuals in relation to legislation, policies and procedures.
- Understand factors that may contribute to an individual being vulnerable to harm or abuse.
- Know signs, symptoms, indicators and behaviors that may cause concern.
- Understand the lines of reporting and responsibility in relation to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of individuals.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the health and social care practitioner in relation to safeguarding individuals.
UCAS points have been allocated to this qualification. For a full breakdown of points, please see the UCAS performance points table.
If there are any questions or queries about this programme, you can state here, and we will get a course advisor to contact you as soon as possible.
Method of Assessment
To achieve this qualification, learners must complete 3 mandatory units. You will complete the assignments and create a portfolio of evidence, which will be assessed by a tutor.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care Certificate. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
CACHE are continually investing in high quality qualifications for the care and education industry, making them the UK’s leading sector specialist. Developed by experts, CACHE qualifications help millions of learners to raise professional standards across the sector. As a result, CACHE has gained a deserved reputation for excellence and leadership. NCFE is a National Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 2 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
In order to qualify for the program you will need to submit a completed application form which will be provided to you. This form should be provided to us within a month of enrolment along with the following;
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving licence.
Once you successfully completed the CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care, you will gain an accredited qualification that will demonstrate your skills in the health and social care sector.
- Residential Support Worker - £17,916 per annum
- Care Worker - £17,746 per annum
- Healthcare Assistant - £16,300 per annum
- Caregiver - £18,100 per annum
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.