Add to basket or enquire
Wire and cable management – does it matter? Yes, and it goes way beyond just organisation. There are proper methods of cable and wire management that are necessary for performance, efficiency and appearances. But most importantly, it is vital to maintain proper wire and cable management for health and safety reasons.
As an employer, it is necessary to keep your employees safe. Similarly, it is vital to ensure that clients are not exposed to any hazardous material or environments. Therefore, technicians are often encouraged to take a cable management course to keep themselves safe and to learn about proper wire and cable installations in order to keep their clients safe.
However, not only technicians benefit from a cable and wire management course, but also individuals carrying out their own equipment installation, as well as those who want to learn better ways to organise their cables.
What's Covered in the Course?
- What is cable and wire management and why is it important?
- Ways to organise wires and cables
- Where to apply proper wire and cable management practices
- How cable management can affect overall performance and efficiency
- Benefits of this course
- Understand why proper cable and wire management is vital for safety and how proper installation allows for longer material lifespan
- Learn how to keep an electrical area clean and safe
- Learn how to effectively and neatly organise cables and wire without compromising on performance or efficiency
- Understand the dangers associated with poor cable and wire exposures and how to avoid electrical hazards
- Become familiarised with ways to label cables and how to trace and locate them without spending too much time trying to identify them
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 10 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.Course Content
- Module 1: What is cable and wire management and why is it important?
- Module 2: Ways to organise cables and wires
- Module 3: Where to apply proper cable and wire management practices
- Module 4: How cable and wire management can affect overall performance and efficiency
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.