The Learning Station
Add to basket or enquire
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for the Children and Young People's Services - Early Years (Management) QCF
Qualification: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for the Children and Young People’s Workforce - Early Years (Management) (QCF)
Awarding Body: City and Guilds
Study Type: Part Time Study, Distance Learning
Entry Requirements: No formal requirements
This course can be purchased on a payment plan and paid over 12 months.
- Qualification Handbook - download
The Learning Station is fast becoming one of the UK’s top providers of online tuition with many students happily completing their chosen online & Distance learning courses. Whatever your reason is for enrolling on one of our courses, you can rest assured that you will be supported by a highly qualified, experienced and helpful assessor.
Our Child Care courses are Ofqual regulated and fully accredited by some of the top UK awarding bodies. We are proud to offer this course as a Distance Learning course on our Online Learning System which you will find has an excellent response time for communication between yourself and your tutor/assessor and is very simple to use and to navigate.
These qualifications are designed to guide and assess the development of knowledge and skills relating Children's care, learning and development including those associated with leading teams and managing resources within an early years setting. This qualification will confer occupational competence to work in a management role.
This qualification has been designed to:
• extend and enrich learner understanding of the early year’s sector
• develop and enhance the practical leadership and management knowledge and skills required to manage change, lead service improvement and to embed best practice models
• develop higher level thinking skills including reflection and critical analysis
• encourage learners to value continued learning and remain in the learning process
• cultivate in-depth knowledge of developmental and learning theory
• establish good practice and knowledge in relation to needs-based assessment and planning
You will be part of our newly developed Online Learner Management System which has been designed to ensure you receive quick responses to your work submissions and requests for support from one of our dedicated assessors or mentors. Our learner management system will help you to keep track of all of your assignments and clearly outlines through a progress bar how much you have remaining to complete your course. Our assessors will be happy to guide you to resources which will help you to gain a more thorough understanding of your assignments and ensure you complete your course with as much ease as possible.
Throughout your course, you will be assessed through a variety of methods to help you complete the course as quickly and easily as possible. Some of the assessment methods you can expect will be completing written assignments of work that has been given to you, having a manager or colleague complete a witness testimony of tasks completed in a workplace, direct observation of you carrying out work related tasks, professional discussions over the phone and supplying us with work product evidence.
This Level 5 Diploma is not approved for the use by those who are under 18 years of age.
There are no formal entry requirements for learners undertaking this Diploma. However, learners must have the potential and opportunity to gain evidence for the qualification in the workplace.
This qualification will enable progression to the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for the Children and Young People's Workforce - Early Years (Management) or other similar Management and Leadership qualifications.
There is a huge range of job opportunities for people with child care qualifications. These qualifications can help you find work as a:
- Nursery nurse
- SureStart worker
- Special Educational Needs Assistant
- Child care centre manager
- Preschool advisor.
See below what your earnings potential could be if you were a qualified Child Care, Early Years, Health Care, Social Care/Support Worker with a:
Level 2 Diploma, you could expect to earn an average of £15,000 Per Annum.
Level 3 Diploma, you could become a team leader or senior staff member and could earn an average of £22,000 Per Annum.
Level 5 Diploma, qualifies you to become a manager and manage a care facility for adults or children and you could expect to earn an average of £33,000 rising to £50,000 Per Annum.
From a starting point to a Level 5, it could take you 2-3 years to achieve on a part-time basis
Why Choose The Learning Station?
- Flexible Payment plans with up to 12 months to pay -No Credit Checks.
- We offer the full NVQ/QCF/RQF Ofqual courses with pathway choices of your own.
- Free initial assessment assessments of academic levels with immediate results.
- Online, Distance / Blended Learning.
- Learner Management System Accessible 24/7.
- Responsive online tutor and assessor support.
- On site, internal verifier + Moderator.
- Flexible – Blended delivery of assessment and observation.
- Free Learning Resources for Ease of study.
- Technical support team available 09:00 - 18:00 Mon – Fri
What Happens Next?
Once you have made the purchase you will be sent your online account details and step by step instructions within 48 hours. You will be able to log onto your course and start completing your enrolment immediately. Our enrolments team check enrolment submissions on a daily basis, however, please allow 5 working days. Once your enrolment is complete you will be provided with access to your course and you can begin completing your assignments.