Buying & Selling Online Certificate Course – CPD Accredited - best selling Buying & Selling Online Certificate Course
Over the past 25 years, the commercial landscape has undergone a seismic shift. Rather than relying on bricks-and-mortar stores and offices for revenues, businesses are increasingly using the internet to generate sales.
In this course, you will discover the history of e-commerce, its current role in the commercial landscape, and its broader implications for society. You will learn about the technology that makes e-commerce possible, and what the future may hold.
You will gain a practical insight into how consumers can make the most of e-commerce, how to get the best deals when buying goods and services online, and how you can use the internet to begin or expand your own business.
You Will Learn:
- The history of e-commerce and what it means not only for the retail landscape but for society as a whole.
- How to navigate and use the most widely-used online retailers when buying goods and services.
- How to sell products and services online – whatever you want to sell, there is an online platform to meet your needs.
- Why your business may benefit from an online store, and how to set up a shop that will boost your revenue.
- The advantages of running an internet-based business, and practical considerations to bear in mind when starting out.
- How online sellers make money by promoting other people’s products and services, and how you can generate income as an affiliate marketer.
- How businesses use internet-based advertising to promote their products and services online.
- How to offer freelance services via the internet, and how to work with online freelancers.
- How to keep yourself safe when buying and selling online.
- The future of e-commerce, and the trends that look set to continue in the coming years.
Benefits Of Taking This Course
- You will learn how individuals and businesses use the internet as a means of exchanging money, goods and services.
- You will know how to find the best deals online, and how to shop safely and securely.
- You will discover how to sell your own products and services online, and how to supplement income from a bricks-and-mortar business with e-commerce.
- Your knowledge will stand you in good stead for business roles that demand modern commercial awareness.
- You can study from any location with an internet connection.
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines.
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects.
Module 1: An Introduction To E-Commerce
- What is meant by the term “e-commerce”
- The history of e-commerce in the UK and around the world
- An overview of the technology that makes secure e-commerce possible
- The broader implications of e-commerce for society as a whole, including the relationship between e-commerce and traditional bricks-and-mortar stores
Module 2: The Most Popular Platforms For Buying & Selling Material Goods
- The main categories of tangible products available for the online consumer to purchase
- An overview of the most popular retail websites for each category and retailers that supply products across multiple categories
- An overview of how the most popular auction sites, including eBay and how they facilitate e-commerce
- An overview of the most popular websites for those looking to buy and sell handmade goods
Module 3: The Most Popular Platforms For Buying & Selling Digital Goods & Services
- An overview of the types of digital goods you can buy and sell online
- The most popular platforms for buyers and sellers of e-books and related products
- The main high-traffic platforms used for the buying and selling of music
- The most popular platforms for buyers and sellers of online learning courses and materials
Module 4: How To Find The Best Deals Online
- How to use price comparison sites (also known as “shopbots”) to find the best online deals
- Why it can be to your advantage to leave your shopping cart full for a few days before checking out
- Why reading online forums can save you a significant amount of money
- How to use voucher codes to secure discounts
Module 5: Creating An Internet Store For Your Business
- The characteristics of an appealing, high-performing online store
- Why a bricks-and-mortar business - business that deals in tangible stock or has a traditional office presence - may benefit from an online store
- The three main approaches you can take to building an online store and how to choose the best option for your business
- The most popular site-builders on the market and how they can help you create a professional e-commerce store
Module 6: How To Promote Products & Services Online Via Advertising
- The role of advertising in e-commerce
- How various forms of traditional online advertising work
- How online businesses use social media to target their intended audience
- How marketing funnels work by drawing in new customers and then reselling them additional products and services
Module 7: Selling Other People’s Products & Services Via Affiliate Marketing
- What is meant by the term “affiliate marketing”
- The advantages and disadvantages of this business model for both the creator and affiliate
- The most popular third-party services used by affiliates and businesses to set up and maintain commercial relationships
- How to choose the right niche as an affiliate marketer
Module 8: Buying & Selling Freelance Work Online
- How and why the internet has transformed the way we work
- How 21st-century freelancers and businesses make contact and enter into short-term contracts
- The most popular freelancing platforms
- The advantages and disadvantages of hiring a freelancer
Module 9: Security & Safety Issues To Consider When Buying & Selling Online
- Why you must educate yourself on the potential dangers associated with buying and selling online
- How to have a safe and secure online shopping experience
- How to safeguard yourself against scammers and con artists
- Your responsibilities as an online seller
Module 10: Current & Future Trends In E-Commerce
- Why the internet is always in a state of transition and why the experience of buying and selling online will change in the coming years
- The main e-commerce trends that look set to continue in the foreseeable future
- Why improving the level of customer service and personalisation offered will be a priority for many businesses in the future
- How innovations in delivery technology will transform e-commerce
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
The course is aimed at students wanting to learn about setting up an online business, buying and selling.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.