Data Law Limited
Add to basket or enquire
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand what an ‘insolvency situation’ is
- Be able to identify the different types of insolvency - liquidation, administration, bankruptcy
- Be aware of the ‘pre-pack’ controversy - the debate and latest proposals
- Understand repossession sales - LPA Receivers vs. Admin Receivers
- Be able to identify transactions liable to be set aside
- Be able to demonstrate an awareness of Land Registry requirements
- Be able to confidently advise clients – ‘Is it a pig in a poke?’
- Appreciate the conflict between the insolvency regime and the land registration regime
This course, delivered by experienced property practitioner and lecturer Hannah Mackinlay, will provide a practical discussion of the different forms of insolvency that property lawyers are likely to come across and will examine the effect which this has on conveyancing practice as a whole.
In addition, Hannah will also discuss the following questions to ensure that viewers are able to answer them with confidence:
- Your client wants to buy a property where the seller is insolvent, what do you tell them?
- Is it safe to proceed where a liquidator or administrator is selling?
- What are the different types of insolvency?
- Will you get it registered at Land Registry or could it be set aside?
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.