College of Media and Publishing
Add to basket or enquire
An online business writing course for individuals and businesses
Practical and engaging assignments | Accredited Certification
- Certification: ABC & Certa Awards Certificate of Achievement.
- Endorsed by: ABC & Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
- Accredited by: ABCC | CPD | EADL | IADL
- UKRLP number: 10008168.
- Available to: UK and international learners.
- Tutor support: Unlimited support from an expert.
Our business writing course equips you with the skills you need to produce clear and effective professional communications.
From emails and reports to webpages and social media content, every organisation has a constant need for a variety of internal and external written communications.
However, many organisations send out badly-written documents, text which is full of grammatical errors, and communications that are hard to read.
Many leading organisations including, including Harrow council, K3 Business Solutions, and the Scottish Qualifications Authority have used this course to train their writers. And many individuals testify that it is effective and great value for money.
Successful student Neil Kernohan told us “The tutorial support was excellent and the course content was well structured, relevant and clearly presented.”
This comprehensive course teaches you how to produce clear, concise and reader-friendly communications that boost your employability and enhance the reputation of your organisation.
There is a strong demand for good writers these days. Most organisations need people who can:
- Write simple, effective and error-free business communications.
- Put together persuasive proposals, compelling newsletters and winning promotional copy.
- Produce results-driven webpages that attract clients and customers.
- Create tailored content for blogs and social media platforms.
Our online business writing course teaches you to write for all these areas and others. Lots of people use this course to apply their new skills directly to their jobs.
You will also benefit from unlimited tutor support every step of the way, including personalised feedback and advice on every assignment.
Another successful business writing course graduate, Elise Spicer, who used the course to improve her writing in the workplace, told us: “My tutor’s feedback and support was so helpful. Comments were really thorough. The course content was really useful, and covered so many areas.”
If you need to improve your business writing skills to use at work, or to boost your CV. This course has a proven track record for success.
Lesson 01: The basics
- Learn how to write attractive and effective text.
- Write with your reader in mind.
Lesson 02: Spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Use techniques and resources to improve your spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Use appropriate and adaptable English grammar in your writing.
Lesson 03: Expressing information accurately
- Analyse words and phrases to convey the correct meaning.
- Apply techniques to ensure written content is accurate.
Lesson 04: Avoiding jargon
- Define what jargon is and how to avoid it.
- Identify appropriate and inappropriate uses of jargon.
- Write words, phrases and sentences to eliminate jargon.
Lesson 05: Writing for the web
- Learn skills that make web content relevant, focused and easy to read.
- Write effective web content.
Lesson 06: Effective emails
- Explain the problems that emerge when writing and handling emails.
- Apply email etiquette.
- Use techniques that will make emails consistent, effective and readable.
Lesson 07: Writing impressive letters
- State why etiquette is important when writing business letters.
- List the main points of etiquette needed for business letters.
- Build the content of a letter from a skeleton.
- Write an effective covering letter for a job application.
Lesson 08: Writing summaries
- Identify when summaries are useful.
- Prepare a document for summarising.
- Reduce the number of words and prioritise the facts in a summary.
Lesson 09: Persuasive writing
- Identify when persuasive writing skills are needed.
- Apply effective persuasive writing techniques.
Lesson 10: Writing reports
- Explain why reports are used.
- Identify what most reports contain.
- Plan, structure and write an effective report.
Lesson 11: Writing for sales and promotions
- Explain and use techniques used in promotional copy, which covers anything to do with selling to businesses or consumers, including:
- Sales proposals.
- Point-of-sale materials (posters, cut-outs etc).
Lesson 12: Using social media and blogs
After studying this lesson, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of social media.
- Discuss the differences and similarities between social media sites.
- Discuss the business writer’s role in social media marketing.
- Explain how to write social media copy.
- Explain what a blog is and how to create an effective one.
- Set up, maintain and grow your own blog.
Our business writing course has been independently endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. So at the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the Units the learner has completed as part of the course).
In addition, you will receive the accredited CMP level 4 diploma in business writing, which is recognised in the UK and beyond. It proves you are a qualified business writer.
These certifications will enable you to apply for a wide range of writing jobs, apply your new skills in the workplace or find freelance work.
You study when, and where you want to. The duration of this course is approximately 4 months. You fit your studies around your lifestyle, and study at a pace you're completely comfortable with, it doesn't matter if you take longer than 4 months - there is no expiry date.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for:
- Businesses who want to improve the quality of their written content
- Individuals who need to sharpen their writing skills
- People who write as part of their jobs
- Staff training and development
- People looking to add value to their CV
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.