Centre of Excellence
Always thought you could manage a team or run your own business?
We will help to prepare you so that your new business has the best possible start best chance of success.
This course will take you through the essential stages in starting your own business. If you’re not sure what type of business you’d like to set up but feel that you might be a natural entrepreneur, this course should give you some ideas and inspiration. It covers all the legal requirements, how to manage your accounts and how to plan for the future. The course is designed to help you in the planning process so that you will be able to produce a thorough business plan to show a bank or potential investor.
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Is Business For You?
- Positive aspects of business
- Potential difficulties and challenges
- Managing the Administration
- Financing the Business
- Sources of help and support
- Chapter 2 - Legalities and Regulations
- Opening a Business Bank Account
- Registering the Legal Structure of the Business
- It’s All in the Name
- Choosing a Logo
- Business Registration and HMRC
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- License and Business Insurance
- Health and Safety Law
- Data Protection
- Intellectual Property
- Employment Law
- Code of Business Ethics
- Consumer Protection
- Employment Protection
- Minimum Wage
- Contracts of Employment
- Chapter 3 - SWOT and PEST Analysis
- SWOT Analysis and Why you Need it
- PEST Analysis
- SWOT and PEST Analysis for a Better Business Plan
- Chapter 4 - Get Focused
- Focus is Key to Success!
- Websites and Domain Names
- 8 Tips on Becoming a Great Manager
- Business aims and objectives
- Who are stakeholders and what are their considerations in a business
- Mission statement
- Strategy and tactics
- Chapter 5 - The Marketing Plan
- What is Marketing?
- Marketing Analysis
- Market Share and Market Growth
- Who is your Target Market?
- Types of Business Orientation
- The Four P’s of Marketing
- Marketing Segmentation
- Market Positioning
- Free Marketing? It’s no Myth
- Useful Resources for Marketing
- Chapter 6 - Essential Accounting
- Book keeping
- The Balance Sheet
- Profit and loss account
- Chapter 7 - Human Resources
- What Kind Of Boss Will You Make?
- Employment Law and Human Resource
- Protection at Work & Health and Safety and Human Resource
- Auto Enrolment and Pension
- Creating Job Descriptions
- Chapter 8 - Creating Your Business Plan
- What is a business plan?
- Reasons Why You Should Have a Good Business Plan
- Creating a Business Plan
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.