Gain the basic skills to manage all phases of project lifecycles effectively, using the most appropriate methods and tools.
Visualise, plan, manage and evaluate projects successfully
Whatever the type or scale of your project, delivering great results, on time and budget, is always a challenge.
This online course introduces you to the essential skills and processes that support successful project management and helps you apply them to your own context.
While other project management courses propose complex methods and techniques, this course will give you the skill-set to play an active role in a project environment right away.
You will also gain confidence with project document templates in Word, Excel and Powerpoint, as well as some web tools for project management.
What topics will you cover?
- Project management definition
- Project lifecycle
- Initiation phase: scope and objectives definition, project stakeholders analysis
- Planning phase: Work Breakdown Structure, Gantt diagram, project budget, project team creation, project risk assessment, the Critical Path Method
- Execution phase: kick-off meeting, project monitoring and control, project team meetings, earned value analysis, project team motivation, evaluation and incentives
- Closure phase: project review and learning from closed projects\
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Describe the main aspects of each phase of the project lifecycle
- Apply principles and techniques of effective project management
- Identify models and templates to assist project management
- Develop time management, prioritisation, communication, and team management skills
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those already or likely to be involved in projects whether professional or personal. It assumes no prior project management or business knowledge, though an interest in the topic would be beneficial. Whether you’re at the start of your career and need an introduction to the subject, or you’ve been managing projects for years and are seeking to reflect on your experiences, you will get a lot out of this formal, yet practice-oriented, learning experience.
For further information about registration, the final assessment course, your eligibility and the BA in Business Management, visit the Open University website. The Open University does not operate in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. This means that Learners based in those countries will not be able to convert their participation in this Program to Open University course credits.
This course is supported by the Association for Project Management (APM), the chartered body for the project profession. APM is committed to developing and promoting project and programme management through its FIVE Dimensions of Professionalism.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.