Gain a practical grounding in communication to boost your personal effectiveness, save you time and reduce your stress levels.
Improve your written and verbal communication skills
Faced with a daily deluge of information, we have never had greater need of clear communication skills.
This online course offers you a practical grounding in using a range of communication media, to boost your personal effectiveness, save you time and reduce your stress levels.
You will discover the principles of writing influential emails, reports and proposals. You will find new confidence in your ability to make convincing presentations and conduct productive meetings. And you will develop communication approaches that are sensitive to cultural and personal differences.
What topics will you cover?
- Making effective phone calls and writing emails
- Online communication in a professional context
- Delivering effective presentations
- Writing professional reports and proposals
- Conducting productive meetings
- The future trends in professional communication
If you are aiming to use your study of courses in the Business and Finance Fundamentals program to obtain academic credit, please be aware that the final planned presentation of the Open University Assessment Course BXM191 Business and Finance Fundamentals in Practice starts October 2020. Please ensure that you allow yourself enough time to obtain all eight Certificates of Achievement from courses in the program before registering for the Assessment Course.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Apply and understand principles of effective communication in a range of media
- Improve your writing skills for greater work and study success
- Apply simple but powerful frameworks to get more out of email and telephone calls in less time
- Design and create more convincing presentations and run more productive meetings
- Develop cultural and interpersonal sensitivity in your communication behaviour
Who is this course for?
This course is intended for anyone seeking to develop their fundamental business skills, whether to increase their employability or secure a promotion. The course does not require any previous study of communication.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.