International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Calling all tech aficionados, super users, and computer newbies!
Building your own computer saves money and gives you a custom-built computer that meets the unique needs of your business, employer or clients. Our Building Your Own Computer course takes you inside a computer so you will be able to carry out computer maintenance, computer repairs and build a bespoke computer.
Every business uses computers and that’s why everyone should make it their business to know how their PC works. Know what to do if your computer goes wrong. Carry out computer maintenance to keep your PC in great working order. Build your own computer so you have the components you need while ditching the ones you don’t. Start now by investing in our Building Your Own Computer course online.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
Lifetime access - No time limits - Study at your own pace
Internationally-recognised CPD accredited course
Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
As well as getting a purpose-built computer for less than the price of a shop-bought one, you'll also be able to carry out your own repairs and computer maintenance to keep costs down. When you've built your own PC, it's easier to find out what's gone wrong because you know its internal parts and what they do. Know how a computer works, understand computer science and get the maximum out of your business computers.
Have the satisfaction of working with a computer that you built from scratch. Start Building Your Own Computer with the help of our online course now.
Your skills in computer maintenance, repairs and creating custom-built PCs will be invaluable to any business, including your own. Computers are essential business tools used in every part of a company every day. Your computer science know-how will make you highly sought-after by potential employers and can help you obtain a higher-paid job.
If you run your own business, you will be more clued up about which components you require. You’ll be able to future-proof your computer by leaving room for upgrades and carry out your own computer maintenance to save time and money.
In our course, we’ve peeled back the layers of your computers so you’ll discover:
- Computer science terminology such as RAM, CPU and graphic cards and know why they’re so important
- Which parts and accessories to use to get the most from your computer
- The mechanics behind your computer screen – how all the parts come together to make your computer work
- Operating systems and computer peripherals,such as the keyboard, mouse and speakers
- All about motherboards, CPU, memory, storage and graphics
- How to select components and parts to meet your needs and budget
- How to build your own computer, including tools, supplies, and safety tips
- How to test your new machine and get it ready to use
This online course come with lifetime access, so you can refer back to any part of it whenever you need to refresh your memory, carry out computer maintenance or are ready to build another computer! Sign up now for a fascinating insight into the wonderful world of computers.
How is the BuildingYour Own Computercourse assessed?
By studying our Building Your Own Computer course online with IOA, you do not pay an extra fee for sitting an exam or have to wait for a set date to sit an exam. There is a short exam at the end of each module for you to take, You’ll know your score immediately.
Will I get a certificate?
Yes, you must complete the course and successfully pass each course module with a score of 55% or more to be eligible for the certificate. You can also get the ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
Building Your Own Computer Course Syllabus
Module 1: Say Hello To The Modern Computer
- Evolution of the PC
- What makes a computer tick
- Design overview
- Need vs. Want: Practical & budget considerations
- Operating systems
Module 2: The Component Challenge, Part 1
- Quick advice
- CPU (Central Processing Unit)
- Storage & optical drives
Module 3: The Component Challenge, Part 2
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth adapters
- Power supply
- Cooling & ventilation
Module 4: Let’s Build A Computer!
- A word on safety
- Tools, location and comfort
- Putting it all together, Part 1
- Putting it all together, Part 2
- Cable management
- Closing up
Module 5: Getting Your Computer Ready For Action
- Review of our computer build
- BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) updates
- Installing an operating system
- Connecting to the internet
- Downloading & installing updates
- Happy computer, happy user
Who is this course for?
- Everyone! We all use computers and it would be wonderful to be able to fix things ourselves or adapt our computer so that it’s perfect for our unique needs
- Self-employed business people and entrepreneurs who want to save time and money by carrying out their own computer maintenance, repairs or adapting computer systems to fit their requirements
- Business people who want a custom computer to meet their specific user needs, such as gaming, digital art, videos, or publishing, or if you have an impairment or disability
- Anyone considering a career in computer science or the tech industry, such as computer maintenance, network support, help desk, or computer repairs
- If you’re looking for new business computers and want better value for your money by building a budget-priced computer with all the features you need, this course is for you
- Anyone looking to land a top IT job can use this course to inspire them to study further in computer science or software engineering
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
- Find work at a computer store, building and fixing units for clients
- Teach others to build their own units
- Set up a business building custom PCs for high-end consumers and professionals
- Provide a computer maintenance service for computer owners who don’t know how to fix their computer problems
- Build yourself the perfect computer to run your own business
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How old do you need to be to apply?
Thank you for your query. There is no age-restriction to avail to our courses. Our course was designed in a way that is accessible to both beginners and more experienced students.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hello, does this course cover laptop builds as well?
The course specifically covers the steps and techniques for building computers. It will also cover computer maintenance.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.