Add to basket or enquire
Learn the professional building surveying skills you need to pursue a career in building surveying with the Building Surveying Practice online training course from Janets. Enrol on the Building Surveying Practice course now and take your first steps towards a successful and rewarding career as a qualified building surveying professional.
The Building Surveying Practice course has been designed to give you an in-depth overview of what it takes to work in the field of building surveying and prepare you with the skills, knowledge, and experience you need to succeed. With the Building Surveying Practice course, you learn everything you need to know to assess the quality of a range of buildings including houses, public properties, and commercial buildings.
This expertly-created Building Surveying Practice course is accredited by the CPD, with 10 CPD points available to students without any further study. The Building Surveying Practice training course is made up of 16 comprehensive modules, each tackling a different building surveying skill that you require in building surveying to accurately assess and suggest improvements for buildings. Students can expect to complete this Building Surveying Practice course in around 7 hours.
Janets is one of the top online training providers in the UK and aims to provide every student with a top-quality education. With the Building Surveying Practice course, you can learn the skills you need to succeed as a professional in the building surveying sector.
What You Will Learn From the Building Surveying Practice Course:
- Gain an understanding of building law principles
- Understand the requirements of building surveying professionals
- Learn about the different types of contractual arrangements
- Get a solid introduction to Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Explore building surveying technology
- Learn about the process of surveying buildings
- Learn about building pathology
- Gain an understanding of writing accurate building surveying reports
What You Get Out Of Studying Building Surveying Practice With Janets
- Free PDF certificate upon successful completion of the Building Surveying Practice course
- Full one-year access to Building Surveying Practice course materials
- Instant assessment results
- No hidden fees with the Building Surveying Practice course
- Full tutor support available from Monday to Friday
- Study the Building Surveying Practice course at your own pace
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Gain a complete understanding of the role of a Building Surveyor
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Study in your own time through your computer, tablet or mobile device
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills and better earning potential by learning Building Surveying Practice
The Building Surveying Practice training course is delivered through Janets’ online learning platform. Access the Building Surveying Practice course content from any internet-enabled device whenever or wherever you want to. The Building Surveying Practice course has no formal teaching deadlines, meaning you are free to complete the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
********** Course Modules***********
**Building Surveyor Training**
Module 01: Building Survey: An Introduction
- Building Survey
- A Brief Story
- Quality Initiatives for Housing
- Requirements of a Building Surveyor
Module 02: Building Law Principles
- What is a Contract?
- Essential Elements of Contracts
- What is Building Contracts?
- What is Contract Law?
- Principles of contract law
- Negligence and the duty of care
- Occupiers’ liability
- The Land Law
Module 03: Building Procurement and Contract Administration
- Parties and professionals in the construction process
- Types of a contractual arrangement
- Pre-contract Cost Control
- Tendering Procedure
- Contract Administration
Module 04: Building Information Modelling
- Introduction to Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- BIM “Dimensions”
- Stakeholders and BIM’s many roles
- Data Exchange and Interoperability
- BIM Implementation
Module 05: Building Technology
- Building Elements
- Building Loads
- The Functional Requirements of a Building
- Site Investigation and the type of Ground
Module 06: The Procedure of Building Survey and Surveys of Historic Buildings
- Inspection Procedures for House Survey
- Detailed Procedures
- Some Typical Defects in Residential Property
- Buildings of Special Interest
Module 07: Beginning of the Survey: Foundation and In-depth Survey in Walls
- Choice of foundation
- Types of foundation
- Design of foundation
- Subsoils of foundation
- Assessment of Damage of Foundation
- Drains and Foundations
- Mining and Filled Ground
- Landslips and Coastal Erosion
- Geological Survey Maps
- In-depth Survey in Walls
Module 08: Ground Level Investigation: Floors and Investigation Above the Ground: Roofs and Chimneys
- Ground Level Investigation
- Suspended Timber Floors
- Solid Floors
- Suspended Concrete Floors
- General Characteristics of Floors
- Investigation Above the Ground
- Life of Roof Coverings
- Examine Pitched Roofs
Module 09: Inspection of Joinery and Woodwork
- Wood-boring Insects
- Wood-rotting Fungi
- Timber Frame Construction
- Doors and Windows
- Skirtings, architraves and picture rails
- Cupboard fitments
Module 10: Finishes and Surfaces of the Building
- Finishes and Surfaces
- Plaster Finishes
- Other Wall and Ceiling Finishes
- Tiled Surfaces
- Exterior Finishes
- Risk, Probability and Asbestos
Module 11: Services Inspection
- Goodbye to the Loft Tank?
Module 12: Building Pathology
- What is Building Pathology?
- Cracking in buildings
- Dampness in buildings
- Deleterious materials
- Cladding failures
Module 13: Building Adaption
- What is Adaptation
- Adaptability Criteria
- Reasons for Adapting Buildings
- The Decision to Adapt a Building
- Adaptive reuses
- Lateral and vertical extensions
- Principles and aspects of Refurbishment
Module 14- Understanding Work Breakdown Structure
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Why use a Work Breakdown Structure as a surveyor.
- Work Breakdown Structure Guidelines
- Tools to Create a Work Breakdown Structure
Module 15: Report Writing
- Report Writing Criteria
- Arrangement Information
Module 16– Legal Aspects
- Negligence Defined
- Duty of Care
- Breach of Duty
Method of Assessment
To successfully complete the Building Surveying Practice course, students will have to take an automated multiple-choice exam. This exam will be online and you will need to score 60% or above to pass the Building Surveying Practice course. After successfully passing the Building Surveying Practice course exam, you will be able to apply for a CPD-accredited certificate as proof of your Building Surveying Practice knowledge.
All students who successfully complete the Building Surveying Practice course can instantly download their free e-certificate. You can also purchase a hard copy of the Building Surveying Practice course certificate, which will be delivered by post for £9.99.
Who is this course for?
The Building Surveying Practice is ideal for those who already work in this sector or are an aspiring professional. This Building Surveying Practice course is designed to enhance your expertise and boost your CV. Learn key skills and gain a professional qualification to prove your newly-acquired knowledge.
The Building Surveying Practice is open to all students and has no formal entry requirements. To study the Building Surveying Practice course, all your need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of English, numeracy, and IT skills. You must also be over the age of 16.
The Building Surveying Practice is ideal for anyone who wants to pursue their dream career in a relevant industry. Learn the skills you need to boost your CV and go after the job you want. Complete the Building Surveying Practice course and gain an industry-recognised qualification that will help you excel in finding your ideal job.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What's the duration of this building surveying course?
Hi Ponkog, Good morning. The estimated duration to complete the course is 7 hours. However, we provide our learners with one year of subscription with the course purchase so that they can complete the course at their own pace and time. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What's the assessment method for this building surveying course?
Hi Diego, Good morning. There will be two exams after completing the 'Building Surveying Practice' course. A mock and a final exam. Both will be in MCQ based. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What's the assessment method for this Building Surveying Practice course?
Hi Chloe, Good morning. At the end of the 'Building Surveying Practice' course, there will be two exams. A mock and a final exam. Both will be based on the MCQ, and the entire test will be conducted online. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.