The BTEC Diploma in ICT Systems & Principles Level 3 (QCF) accredits skills in IT Support, Maintenance and Networking. The course also closely follows the CompTIA A+ and Network+ learning outcomes.
Learning and Assessments are conducted remotely via the online learning interface, no exams are required.
Kandu Education Ltd create innovative learning solutions for use outside of the traditional classroom. Our unique delivery system blends the flexibility of online learning, whilst ensuring practical skill development.
The course is delivered via the online learning interface which includes interactive content such as Videos, Simulations, Printable Practical Tasks, Online Quizzes.
- PC Assembly & Operating Systems - Learn to build PC’s to custom specifications, install & configure Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems.
- Mobile Devices - Over 10 hours of videos focusing specifically on Laptop Repair are included, the important features of smartphones and tablets are also introduced.
- Troubleshooting - Learn to find and fix issues with computer hardware, software and networks.
- MS Windows - An in-depth look at the configuration, network and security features of Microsoft Windows -
- Linux - Practical Labs are included which will build a working knowledge of the Linux Operating Systems and its Command Line Interface.
- IP Networking - Learn the basics of configuring TCP/IP and creating simple SOHO networks.
- Network Architecture - Discover the many different components which are involved in building computer networks, including network devices, cabling and wireless media.
- Network Operating Systems - Configure Microsoft Windows and Linux Clients and Servers, setup Active Directory services.
- Practical Networking - Manage & Maintain Computer Networks.
- Network Security - Identify Vulnerabilities & Threats, learn about Network Hardening, Physical Security, Access Control, Forensics, Firewalls and Encryption.
- Network Standards - Understand Networking Theory, Models, Policies and Standards.
- CompTIA A+ - Supplied resources also cover CompTIA A+ 220-901 & 220-902 Objectives, with over 1400 practice questions provided.
All learners are provided with a personal tutor and a dedicated assessor which are available via phone, email, in person (by appointment) and through the learning interface.
- Qualification: BTEC Diploma in ICT Systems & Principles L3
- Awarding Body: Pearson Edexcel
- QAN: 501/1435/9
- Duration: 240 Hours.
The qualification requires an estimated 240 learning hours to be completed. 14 months access is provided to the learning system allows you to study at their own pace.
BTEC ICT Specialist Qualifications are vocational qualifications, primarily designed for career progression. On completion the learner will be qualified to apply for technical positions related to IT Support & Networking.
The Level 3 ICT Specialist Diploma carries 40 QCF Credits and can be used towards entry to higher levels such as HNC/HND.
As Vocational qualifications, BTEC ICT Specialist qualifications are NOT designed for use within the UCAS system.
Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for anyone looking to accredit skills in IT Support and Computer Networking.
This BTEC ICT Specialist Diploma requires no exams with assessment is based on a portfolio of evidence consisting of assignments and practical assessments which are documented as short video clips/screen recordings of your practical work.
No formal pre-requisites, however it is recommended that a candidate have at least some experience of working with computer hardware (building computers etc.)
The qualification is designed to act as a platform which will allow the learner to secure employment ranging from an IT Support Technician up to Systems/Network Administration with a salary expectations ranging from £30,537 - £47,291 (source, Reed salary calculator).
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.