Add to basket or enquire
We are always thinking of ways in which you can gain the best from our online learning platform. When you enroll with us on this program you will have the opportunity to enroll on a Level 2 - Introducing Caring Children & Young People course for free!!!
Have you just completed the British Sign Language – Level 1 or are you looking to build on your basic sign language knowledge? If yes, then you might have to take a look at this excellent British Sign Language – Level 2 training course. This insightful course mainly focuses on the sign language used by the deaf or mute community within the UK and hence, will mainly benefit professionals or individuals aspiring to work the natives. All the modules are compact with enlightening videos, PDFs and documents that will not just train you on how to understand sign language, but also to communicate using the language.
The tutors have taken great efforts to simplify the complex sign language and wich will become clear upon its successful completion. The course curriculum covers the more advanced aspects of the sign language and will show you how to describe people, animals, religion, clothes, colours and feelings to hold a meaningful conversation.
What will I learn?
- Learn the importance of sign language among the deaf and mute community
- Understand how to describe people, animals, religion, clothes, colours and feelings
- Explore how to signal the regular activities at home and at schools
- Express opinions, ideas and beliefs using signs
- Identify how to order something and how to compare between foods and drinks
- Delve into the shopping and spending vocabulary
- Explore the linguistics of BSL
- Examine how to make a complain, a compliment and a statement
1. Family Vocabulary
2. Describing People and Animals
3. Activities at School
4. Jobs and Activities at Work
6. Activities in the Home
7. Leisure Activities
8. Opinions Likes and Dislikes
9. Illnesses and Health
10. Eating and Drinking
11. Shopping and Spending
12. Travel and Holidays
This course is delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). As this is an online course, you have no set timetable and can study at your own pace. Move through the modules as fast or slow as you wish, and return to previous sections at any point.
Method of Assessment
At the completion of the course, students will be required to complete an assignment, which will need to be uploaded to the online learning portal. Once it has been submitted, the tutor will assess and mark it.
You need to pay £29 for assessment and certification fee when you submit the assignment.
Once you have successfully passed this assessment you are entitled to an official certificate.
Successful Learners will be awarded a Certificate in British Sign Language – Level 2.
Who is this course for?
- This course is suitable for anyone interested in learning the sign language. However, individuals aspiring to work with mute or deaf people or parents who have children with hearing or speech disorders might find this course massively benefitting.
- Professionals that are already working with the deaf or mute community can also use this course to make some career progression within the industry.
- Learners should be age 16 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- Special Education Teacher (Middle School) – £31,900 per annum
- Interpreter – £23,358 per annum
- Speech-Language Pathologist – £35,000 per annum
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.