Add to basket or enquire
*New Year Sale: Our lowest ever price, this month only* British Sign Language (BSL) is the official sign language used in the United Kingdom. There are hundreds of thousands of people that are predominantly communicating with this form of language. Why not expand on your already basic knowledge of British Sign Language and progress towards fluency with this online course.
- This course includes 28 lectures with 1.5 hours of video content
- Build a solid knowledge of the alphabet & numbers, so you can "fingerspell" any word in the English language
- Learn vocabulary to talk about a range of common topics (days of the week, verbs, family, etc.) & words that are important to you in your unique situation
- Learn common phrases for everyday interactions and greetings, so you can communicate with deaf people in a meaningful way
British Sign Language is the official sign language used in the United Kingdom. This course will teach you the fundamental vocabulary & fingerspelling techniques that will allow you to communicate with the deaf community & progress towards confident signing.
Olly Richards is a language educator, author and polyglot from the UK, who speaks 8 languages. Olly's 'I will teach you a language' podcast has a loyal following of over 500,000 language learners every month! Olly & Emma will teach you how to sign via demonstration videos which are easy to follow and have changed the lives of many of their students.
This course is ideal for anyone looking to learn a new language, particularly those who need BSL to communicate with the hard of hearing in their family life or career.
Why Choose OfCourse Learning?
- All courses are taught by verified experts
- Students enjoy 24/7 access to their courses
- Courses can be accessed on any device
- Students get lifetime access to their courses so they can work at their own pace
- On completion, students receive a course certificate from a recognised educational institution
- Become a part of a global learning community where you can talk with teachers and students about the course
Who is this course for?
- Those with friends, family, or colleagues that need sign language to communicate
- Anyone interested in communication and challenging their reliance on speech
There are no prerequisites for this course