Future London Academy
Add to basket or enquire
A series of Branding Masterclasses specially created for experienced branding professionals, creative and design directors. From fresh approaches to brand strategy to building a B Corp design agency – you will learn tools, frameworks and fresh case studies from the leading creative directors in London.
If you are tired of basic webinars and theoretical courses, welcome to the place where content is carefully curated to give you the maximum inspiration and learning. Boost your branding and strategy skills by learning from the top people in the industry and hearing how they think, create and lead.
A 360 BRAND EXPERIENCE
Get behind-the-scenes access to the top design agencies and hear how they approach branding, what frameworks they use and how they work with big clients
TOOLS & FRAMEWORKS
We carefully curated all content to make it inspiring and applicable. All PDF presentations are available for you to keep.
No need to wait! All masterclasses are available to enjoy right now. Whether you prefer to binge-watch or saviour the experience and watch them at your own pace in your own time – the choice is yours.
YOU WILL LEARN
- Where to find brand purpose and build a future-focused strategy
- How to use motion design to enhance brand personality
- How to write your brand story
- What you need to understand about custom fonts and emotional typography
- How to translate branding into the digital environment
- What big clients look at when selecting a branding agency
- How becoming a B Corp can change your approach to branding
- How to stay relevant as a brand beyond the trends
CHAPTER 1 - PURPOSE: Designing with purpose built-in, not tacked on
Masterclass by Matthew Jones, Accept & Proceed
From being B Corp certified to donating 1% of their profit to 1% For The Planet, Accept & Proceed is a creative studio that has purpose-built right at its very core. But does being purpose-driven truly benefit brands and businesses alike? Creative Director Matthew Jones will discuss the importance of building purpose from the very core of your brand through to how you bring it to life for your consumers. From branding the UK’s first data rights agency AWO of Cambridge Analytica fame to developing Nike’s global Houses of Innovation, Matthew will discuss how creating for change and not just for purpose’s sake can truly elevate your brand, and how you can find yours.
- About Matthew and Accept & Proceed
- Designing with Purpose: What does it really mean to have a brand purpose
- Triangulate Method: How to run strategic workshops with clients to come-up with breakthrough ideas
- Case Study: Nike House of Innovation
- Living Business Plan: How to make a great studio above and beyond just money
CHAPTER 2 - TYPE DESIGN: Type in Branding
Masterclass by Bianca Berning, Dalton Maag
Why are typefaces such a valuable brand asset? Dalton Maag creates type for branding, retail, and corporate clients that perform beautifully across print and digital environments. Exploring our emotional reaction to type, Bianca Berning will take us through a interactive masterclass to demonstrate how they connect the dots between type and branding.
- About Bianca and Dalton Maag
- How to leverage custom fonts to build your brand recognition
- What you you need to know if you want to invest into type and typography
- Case Study: Nokia
- How type affects emotions and how to use it effectively
CHAPTER 3 - COPYWRITING: What's your story?
Masterclass by Rob Self-Pierson, Verb
Join Rob Self-Pierson as he reveals how to create and tell a story that moves your audience and inspires deeper connections. In this fast-paced, hands-on workshop, Rob will share how the most successful storytellers—from Hemingway to Honda—win attention, provoke emotion and leave people wanting more. Prepare for a steep dive into character, conflict, action and transformation.
- About Rob and his journey
- What’s a brand story and why should people care about it?
- How to create a brand story in 4 steps
- How to bring stories to life
CHAPTER 4 - MOTION BRANDING
Masterclass from Ben Langsfeld and Marla Moore, BUCK
With the growing need for brand expression across myriad platforms, BUCK is consistently being asked to provide systemic thinking for illustration, design, and, most importantly, for motion. Our brand work goes beyond the typical touch points of look and feel to structure how brands come to life through movement. Ben and Marla will share how systemic brand thinking can cross cultural boundaries to define the world’s most impactful illustration and motion languages.
- About BUCK
- Why motion is the missing piece
- Teaching clients how to fish
- Put it all in writing
- Case Study: Facebook Toolkit
CHAPTER 5 - CLIENT VS AGENCY: How teams can work together to build stronger brands
Masterclass by Jeremy Lindley, Diageo
Drawing from his 30 years of experience leading design both agency and client-side, Jeremy brings to life the fundamentals of building great relationships, pitfalls to avoid and the results that can be delivered. Exploring Diageo’s rich catalogue of brands and award-winning work this session dispels the myth of the lone genius creative and demonstrates how to put together dream teams, that ideas come from surprising sources, how to collaborate with humility and the tenacity needed to get to the best outcome.
- About Diageo
- Myths About Design & Relationships
- How Diageo selects creative agencies to work with
- Building Business Relationships Model
- Case Study: Tanqueray
CHAPTER 6 - BRANDING IN UX: Studio Output: Branding with character
Masterclass by Johanna Drewe, Studio Output
In a connected world, your brand is whatever your audience is interacting with. Every experience should be powerful, rewarding and memorable - for brands to cut through we believe a focused core idea needs to be supported by a unique personality, woven through any moment in any experience. Johanna will share how she approaches translating branding into digital world and how to think about UX through the brand lens.
- About studio output and their process
- Case study: Pottermore
- Helping brands adapt and thrive
- Case Study: Mixcloud
- What is the future of design
CHAPTER 7 - CREATIVE STRATEGY: How can legacy brands ensure they have a future?
Masterclass by Sean Thomas, Jones Knowles Ritchie (JKR)
Jones Knowles Ritchie has been reigniting some of the world’s most well-known brands for over 30 years. From Budweiser to Burger King, Dunkin’ to Heinz, Snickers to The National Lottery – but how do you ensure these legacy brands stay relevant for today? Executive Creative Director Sean Thomas shares how JKR designs brands that stay true to their core but continually evolve to engage consumers through identity and experience.
- JKR's Philosophy and Approach
- Start with HOW, not WHY
- Case Study: Budweiser – first rebrand
- Case Study: Budweiser – second rebrand
- Case Study: Hippeas
- Case Study: The National Lottery
Who is this course for?
- Creative and design directors
- Brand managers and strategists
- CMOs and heads of marketing
- Graphic, digital and packaging designers
- Professionals who are passionate about branding
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.