London Governance & Compliance Academy
Add to basket or enquire
This course introduces you to the double-entry bookkeeping system and the associated documents and processes. You will reach the stage of extracting an initial trial balance, before any adjustments are made. This course provides you with the skills necessary to operate a manual double-entry bookkeeping system and provides a strong foundation for progression to more advanced manual and computerised activities.
On completion of this course, you will be able to check the accuracy of invoices, credit notes, remittance advices, statements of account and petty cash vouchers. You will know how to use these documents to make entries in sales and purchases daybooks, sales and purchases returns daybooks, and discounts allowed and received daybooks using account codes, as well as how to transfer those totals to the sales, purchases and general ledgers.
The cash book and petty cash book are also covered in this course, including making entries into both and transferring totals to the ledgers. You will make appropriate checks on the accuracy of supplier invoices and credit notes, reconcile supplier statements with the purchases ledger account and calculate payments due to suppliers. You will also calculate sales invoice and credit note amounts and check receipts from customers.
This unit refers to value added tax or VAT. This is an indirect tax operating in the UK but this type of tax may also operate and be known by another name in other countries.
1. Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
2. Process customer transactions
3. Process supplier transactions
4. Process receipts and payments
5. Process transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
We will support you every step of the way throughout your AAT learning experience with us. You can contact a tutor and get the help you need quickly and easily.
Provided by our Tutors Support team (our dedicated team of expert tutors):
• Live chat (instant response via online messenger system)
• Email (we'll get back to you within 1 working day)
• Discussion forum (we’ll get back to you within 1 working day)
• Request a call back so you can speak to a tutor (we’ll arrange a call with you within 1 day).
Why study AAT with LGCA?
• Study anywhere, anytime on your laptop, phone or tablet through this fully online learning
• Award-winning learner management system (LMS)
• Immediate start
• Access to practice questions and mock assessments
• Topic focused learning modules, containing tutor-led bite-sized videos
• Engaging activities designed for effective online learning
• Integrated programme to guide you efficiently through the whole syllabus
Registration and Access?
Once you complete an online purchase you will receive confirmation of account activation. Please allow 48 hours to get access to all the modules and for your eLearning account to be set up.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hello. How many exams and how much cost? The course is Level 2 Bookkeeping AAT certified? Thank you .Have a lovely day.
Dear Ioana, We have two Level 2 courses in the foundation certificate for accounting Bookkeeping Transactions and Bookkeeping Controls which are both examined through CBA, exam cost is between GBP 70 - 95 for each depending on the examination centre.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.