Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Location & dates
Bookkeeping training program is ideal for someone looking to start a career in accountancy. Candidates are trained in our Accountancy Practice under the supervision of qualified Accountants. We have carefully structured this program to give candidates essential practical skills to enable them to prepare accounts from invoices up to the VAT return. Practical Bookkeeping training can be completed on Sage 50, QuickBooks, Xero and Excel.
Practical Job oriented Bookkeeping Practical Training is delivered on a 1 -1 basis using real company files by a qualified accountant.
Practical Bookkeeping Training on Real Company files:
- Setting up a company either as a cash accounting scheme or a standard accounting scheme
- VAT registration process with HMRC
- Choosing the chart of accounts that suits the firm's needs and how to customise it
- Understanding double entry application in accounting software
- Understanding nominal codes and tax codes
- Setting up customers and suppliers accounts
- Processing customer and suppliers invoices
- Allocating payments and receipts of cash and bank
- Performing bank reconciliation
- Preparing, reconciling and submitting the VAT return to HMRC
- Performing debtor analysis and credit control procedures
- Import and export VAT analysis
- Calculating VAT for a business with mixed zero-rated and standard-rated sales, combining Sage and Excel
- Understanding day to day task in a bookkeeping job role
We help all of our trainees in preparing professional CV and job interviews.
Bookkeeping Training can be completed using Sage 50, QuickBooks, Xero and Excel.
FREE AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
If you want to become a professional bookkeeper, the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping will give you the skills and essential knowledge you need to manage books effectively. The course offers a solid introduction to manual double entry bookkeeping, including associated documents and processes, up to Trial Balance standard, providing a great starting point for anyone wishing to start a career in the accounting industry.
1) Bookkeeping Transactions
• Understanding double-entry bookkeeping, integrating books of prime entry and describing coding system functions.
• Understanding discounts and settlement, trade and bulk discount differences.
• Preparing and processing customer and supplier invoices and credit notes.
• Totalling and balancing a 3-column analysed cash book.
• Totalling, balancing and reconciling petty cash records within an analysed petty cash book.
• Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance
2) Bookkeeping Controls
• Understanding the purpose and use of control accounts and journals.
• Maintaining and using control accounts and the journal.
• Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book.
• Understanding the banking process and main services of banks and building societies.
• Understanding requirements of retention and storage relating to banking documents.
- Matrix approved training with highest standards
- Authorised and Regulated by Financial Conduct Authority – FCA
- Firm of Chartered Certified Accountants & Registered Auditors
- 1 – 1 training sessions in our Accountancy firm with Qualified Accountants
- Licensed software installed on your laptop
- Approved by AAT, Gateway, Oxford Cambridge and RSA
- 100% Practical training on real company documents
- 100% Flexible – You choose day, time and location of your own choice
- Multiple locations – Park Royal, Canary Wharf, Barking, Elephant & Castle
- Regular performance reviews to identify learning gaps
- Job market awareness sessions
- Professional CV and Interview preparation
- Guaranteed Work Placement
- Reference to employers
- Complete PER for ACCA / AAT / CIMA
We are experts in preparing the candidates for any level of accountancy Jobs. Our strong links with the top employers makes it easier for us to place our candidates in to Jobs straight after the training. In 2018 we successfully placed 849 candidates in accountancy jobs. You could be the next one.
Who is this course for?
Bookkeeping training program is ideal for someone looking to start a career in accountancy.
Bookkeeping Training has no prerequisites. Candidate must be a keen and good learner. Work Placement is Guaranteed only if you choose any of our structured program.
Upon successful completion of Bookkeeping training you can apply for jobs like,
Bookkeeper, Sales Ledger , Purchase Ledger , Payroll Administrator
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.