Ad Vitam Learning
Add to basket or enquire
Welcome to Ad Vitam Learning's online Blood Transfusion training course. This Blood Transfusion e-learning course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Course aims and objectives
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation and guidelines regarding the management of blood transfusion
- To provide essential blood component transfusion training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online course?
- Define the purpose of a red cell transfusion, platelet transfusion and a Fresh Frozen Plasma (FFP) transfusion
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the ABO and the Rh D blood groups
- Identify the various stages of the Blood Transfusion Process
- Identify the difference between a Group & Screen sample and a crossmatch sample, and the correct process of labelling these samples
- Identify the correct procedure of collection and transportation of blood components
- Identify the equipment required for a blood transfusion
- Explain the safe process for the administration of different blood components
- Discuss potential adverse reactions to a blood transfusion
- Discuss the risks of blood transfusion
- identify the biggest risk of transfusion
- Explain how this risk can be completely eliminated
Assessment and certification
At the end of this online Blood Transfusion training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online Blood Transfusion training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines..
It will take approximately 45 to 90 minutes to complete this Blood Transfusion e-learning course. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience about blood component transfusion awareness in the workplace and related regulations
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete this Blood Transfusion training course. You can go through the course in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD) certificate, you will still have access to your learning materials for 365 days.
Who is this course for?
Ad Vitam Learning’s Blood Transfusion e-Learning course should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS and private hospitals, locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants. This online Blood Component Transfusion training course is also relevant for health and social care support workers, including charities, nursing and residential home staff
This Blood Transfusion online training course can be taken as a standalone CPD course or as part of our wider online candidate mandatory training courses
This online Blood Transfusion training course covers the main points relating to blood component transfusion legislation. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice.
PC, Tablet,Smart Phone, Laptop and access to the internet
CSFT Certificate in Blood Transfusion Training
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.