Add to basket or enquire
Blood-borne Pathogens & Exposure Control Plan Certification - CPD Certified
Blood-borne pathogens are microorganisms inside the human body which can cause a number of serious diseases through contamination. Employees who work in nursing, dentistry, laboratories or surgeries have an occupational risk of exposure to blood or other potentially hazardous bodily fluids. A comprehensive Blood-borne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan will help to protect these employees.
This course provides an in-depth overview of Exposure Control Plans. The course will cover what the plan should entail, the step-by-step procedures surrounding exposure to blood borne pathogens in the workplace and how to introduce the plan to employees in training.
** When purchasing this course you will be eligible to apply for the XO Student Discount Card!! You can save on brands such as New Look, Disney, ASOS, Hotels, Miss Selfridge , Domino’s and many more.**
You Will Learn:
- What a Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan is and what it involves.
- How an effective Exposure Control Plan can save lives, prevent injuries and protect the health of employees.
- How to introduce a Control Plan to employees in training.
- What steps to take to reduce the risk of exposure to employees.
- What to do in the immediate aftermath of an exposure incident.
Benefits of Taking this Course
- You will learn about Blood-borne Pathogen Exposure Control and how to implement a successful plan in the workplace.
- Your staff will be better trained to work in an environment where there is a risk of exposure to blood-borne pathogens as a result of you taking this course.
- You will gain an insight into the dangers of blood-borne pathogens and why your workplace should have an Exposure Control Plan in place.
- You will learn the preventative measures to put in place to keep staff safe and reduce the risk of contamination.
- You will learn what to do in the event of a member of your team being exposed to potentially hazardous blood-borne pathogens.
Module 01: What are blood-borne pathogens?
Module 02: What is an Exposure Control plan and Why do you Need one?
Module 03: Preventative Measures
Module 04: Vaccines
Module 05: Post-exposure Procedures
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Blood-borne Pathogens & Exposure Control Plan Certification is designed for employers or employees who work in nursing, dentistry, laboratories or surgeries that have an occupational risk of exposure to blood or other potentially hazardous bodily fluids, or anyone wanting to learn about the subject.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included